ZBrushCentral

creature

Hi guys, and thanks for the comments.

The tree-like objects’ texture/materials were done in a sort of two step process. After first modeling the main shape and giving a fair amount of detail with projection master, I apply a wood like texture (at high resolution using a high-rez texture image). I use the texture for masking the object and then add details with the inflat brush. Finally, the materials used are procedural quad shaders.

In fact, I learned a lot about using materials (and making zsphere trees) in froyd’s forum post on natural wood (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=23394). If you’re interested, he even lets you download the materials and the scene with the tree.

I’m currently drawing out ideas for my next creation, so more to come later.

cheers!

Hey guys, here’s an update on a new work in progress I’m making.

“Going Home”

[Going-Home-WIP1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50666’,‘Going-Home-WIP1.jpg’,1,0))

Hope you like it!

cheers!

Excelent work !!!
good style and very nice materials.

what texture are u using for the hills and grass… and such? custom or?? cause its very nice! i must know!

khaan: Thank you for the nice words, I’m glad you like it.
Zanrok: I’m glad you like this, as for the materials I use, well… it’s a combination of things really. The textures themselves are made by creating alphas out of black and white pictures of wooden bark, which I apply as masks, use in photoshop for full texture works, etc. The rest is up to the quad shader effects and the use of an appropriate light setting. The grass was another story, I had to play around with fiber settings a bit and simply used the fiber brush with scatter stroke.

Here’s the finished picture “going home”. I’ll put all these on a site eventually (in high res). This image too is native to 3000x2250. Hope you like it!

[Going-Home-final-1024.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50706’,‘Going-Home-final-1024.jpg’,1,0))

Till the next one!

Cheers

i like the atmosphere a lot

only suggestion would be paint a more interesting background, i think that would really add a lot of depth to it. but very nice anyhow!

:+1:

Nice!
Also a great pic for a caption contest 8).
Lemo

I really like your style is a nice refreshment from the often photo-realistic model that appeir on the fourms. Looking forward to more :slight_smile:

Regards,

Will

Logick, lemonnado, Longsight, thanks for the kind words, you are the best!

Here’s my latest piece, almost blew my mouse up with this one…

Desolation

A comparison of desolation through the eyes of three races that live off eachother: Man, plant, and machine. The Chains on the large plant guy represent how plants are always chained to their roots. The guy and the observatory represent man, desolate as we search for life on a rock we cannot reach, and are in fact chained to our planet, our fate. The Rusty oservatory represents how machines as well, are bound to an ultimate doom, at least, that’s what the rust represents.

[Desolation-low-rez.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50760’,‘Desolation-low-rez.jpg’,1,0))

Guys, your comments really inspire me to do more! I’ve never felt so compelled to do art before, tis’ good, tis’ good. More to come…

cheers

do u think u could post a small tutorial on how to do the grass and texture if u have time? :slight_smile:

simple yet inspirational designs and good use of Froyds materials (Sure he’d be proud :slight_smile: ) I like 'em :+1:

I’ve PMMed you BTW

Chris

sorry about late update, been trying to get used to Vue, a terrain creation program I’m trying to add to my toolset so as to improve the quality of my creations by giving them better surroundings.

This next shot is a simple building I’m going to try to place withing a forest.

[test.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50831’,‘test.jpg’,1,0))

cheers

Hey guys, here’s today’s (well, yesterday’s) finished work, it’s called The Goddess, the Zcritters are placing huge marbles inside her to worship. I’m basically forcing myself to make an image a day, so this one sorta dissapointed me, quite rushed through it, but here it is anyhow.

[the-godess.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50837’,‘the-godess.jpg’,1,0))

cheers

I really like the woman and the going home picture. Very cool images.

Womball: I’m happy you like em.

Here’s today’s render, been playing around, doing a foot study, ended up implementing it in my scene. Hope you like it!

[Foot-for-Sale.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50873’,‘Foot-for-Sale.jpg’,1,0))

cheers

Really sweet stuff! I like!

A house that smells of feet - real estate agents have such power of persuasion.

Nice creative work - pretty soon you’ll hit the top row.

KrakenCMT: Thank you, much appreciated!
boozy floozie: Yes, indeed they do. And thanks a lot for the sweet words, really appreciate it!

WELL… Here’s a new image, I was very inspired to do it. Also, I’m really starting to understand the basics behind Vue, so I’m probably going to make some much sweeter backgrounds now.

Here it is, “The HighHeads”. A place only the richest Zcritters can afford, not some foot in the middle of no-where, this is a head, high up in the clouds. Enjoy!!

[The-HighHeads-LowRez.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50896’,‘The-HighHeads-LowRez.jpg’,1,0))

cheers!

Hey guys,

I thought I’d post this here, it’s a little retouched in photoshop now, I think the colors suit it better, so as to increase the contrast more from the foot image. What do you think?

[The-HighHeads-redux.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50938’,‘The-HighHeads-redux.jpg’,1,0))

Oh, and big HURRAY to Zbrush 3. Can’t wait for May 15 now.

cheers

sorry for long time with no replies, been working on something a little more photo-real, kinda. It’s a little creature that eats noisy birds in forests, it also has four long tongues that can come out to grab its prey (not visible in this picture). I’m currently working on rigging him on Cinema4d.

[PD-creature-no-dreams.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘51019’,‘PD-creature-no-dreams.jpg’,1,0))

Hope you like!

cheers!