ZBrushCentral

CNC Project for College Wall

One of the projects that I’ve completed over the past few months is actually something that’s a first for me. Digitally sculpting architectural pieces for pre-cast concrete molds. This is one of 6 pieces that I digitally sculpted, each of different types of athletic activities, that will go into the outside walls of a college. The pieces are each 6 by 6 feet tall and about 5 inches deep. Basically I digitally sculpt them(ZBrush), then the piece is CNC milled out of a rubber type material, then a mold is created from the milled piece, and finally a concrete piece is made from it. This is a picture of the basketball player after it was CNC milled. (sorry some of the pictures are of the piece upside down, it didn’t look right when I flipped the image so I just left it lol)

.3d-basketball-1

3d-basketball-3 Basketball%20Panel%20for%203d%20print

Another of the 6ft x 6 ft panels that I digitally sculpted in ZBrush(later CNC milled and pre-cast in concrete) and one in place on the building. The lighting on the volleyball panel is a bit off because technically the picture was taken upside down. Eventually I’ll get pictures of the uncovered versions on the buildings.

Here’s the Swimmer Panel as well.

Swimmer-3

The Basketball Panel in place on the building and the Yoga panel.On%20Building%202 Basketball%20Panel%20for%203d%20print On%20Building

The complete physical set of the 6 athletic themed 6ft. x 6ft. panels for the outside of a building at Xavier University. I digitally sculpted each panel using ZBrush, then they were CNC milled and cast in concrete. The other picture shows where they are being placed on the building. It was a fun project to be a part of.

On%20Building

An article about the 6 medallions that I digitally sculpted for Xavier University. I’m very happy to have been a part of the team that brought this project into fruition. ZBrush rocks

https://www.xavier.edu/now/2019/hub-medallions?fbclid=IwAR0QD-Riy98dUeJMPLTLtM9ZpfnNxswsCGrGshaXc6fRKY3OF90lJew_9Ic

And here’s a video describing the overall process.