ZBrushCentral

Cartoon Robot

Im really excited to try out the latest version of zbrush especially since there are major improvements to the zmodeler tool which I use all the time actually.
So this character is based on the amazing concept art of Jesse Carpenter: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ZGO60

Im very comfortable doing hard surface in zbrush, but I wanted to give npr a more serious look. So this way I was able to stay in zbrush throughout the entire making of this character, render and all. There is some very minor post work in photoshop but its all very subtle stuff that isn’t even necessary. To prove that, I made a little demo of me moving around and rendering in zbrush real time. Anyway, had a lot of fun with this and looking forward to the next one!

For more information checkout my portfolio here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/yk4zkx

And see the demo video here:

77 Likes

Great & fun rendition of a cool concept :sunglasses: :star: :+1:

1 Like

Fun project! Love the illustrated renders, and thanks for positing so much documentation of your process! :+1:

Nicely executed, thanks for sharing :blush:
Jaime

Nice piece, I really like the toon style renders! Well done!

Fantastic, I really like this! Excellent. :+1:

I absolutely love this!

Amazing! I would be happy if you shared the filter set for me to improve my work too.

your style and execution is stunning

Best zbrush render I’ve seen so far :slight_smile:

Freaking love this design, excellent work! :robot:
Shout out to Jesse Carpenter too!

Love everything about it. Inspiring that you could get that kind of render out of ZBrush.

Great design!

Stunning !

This is really cool! From concept to real life. Fantastic!

Hey thank you so much for the kind words guys! I really appreciate it… Inspires me to make more!

Willerson: I will likely make a little video tutorial along with a download of my filter/material/light settings as a few people have asked for this. I’ll let you know when I have this ready.

Thanks man!

Brad, any updates on your workflow tutorial stuff?

Wordsmith: Hey man, I haven’t forgotten about this! Im sorry I got side tracked with work and another personal project. I will definitely get back on here with a little vid tutorial, however; its gonna take a couple more weeks most likely. :confused: