ZBrushCentral

Bond, James Bond?

as i said before amazing detail,and likeness,next toprow for sure

Hey guys this thread is not dead! Craig is back ! haha

I took a needed brake of it for a whileā€¦ after having so much annoying and time lost on hair and fur pure crap in 3dsmaxā€¦(yes it was hair and fur not hairfarm on the older renders) I had bug like, when rendering the hairs as geometry,the shader was not changing on the hairsā€¦even if I changed it, and it was rendering way too much dark, a lot of problems with the shading cause of thisā€¦ and sometimes hairs disapears for no reasonā€¦ and you canā€™t have a preditable result with that crapā€¦ Cannot achieve something realisitic out of itā€¦ the hairs generation is extremely crappyā€¦ like 10 hairs really closeā€¦ then a big hole ā€¦ what a P.O.S. ā€¦ ok, my frustration is out now haha.

Other problems I have is a silly bug with Vray sss scatter group when I do somethingā€¦special letā€™s say haha but I need to it for betterā€¦everythingā€¦ anyway, the latest is the less problematic of all, I will just merge in a new scene and it should be good.

SO , I redid all the hairs,eyebrowsā€¦anything that is hair with HAIRFARM!
And now, no more problems it was quite hard though to get that hair cutā€¦ I had experimented new ways of working with the hairmesh brush, adding gravity modifier abusively, with push out,with cluster, kink,etc all controlled by mapsā€¦
but at least itā€™s better then what I got with hair and furā€¦ and especially on the side, Iā€™ll post a side render once itā€™s rendered, letā€™s say tomorrow. hairs are still not finish though and already a bit more improved then now but itā€™s close to completion. Iā€™ll add a bit more facial hairs,finish to do final tweak on the eyebrows etc. And after the cloths, of course and some minor tweak here and thereā€¦ and I rigged the head quickly so I can turn it a bit to make it less static,etc.

so hereā€™s an update guys, hope you like it. Itā€™s not the best lighting though, 2 point lights, that create strong highlights but hey, itā€™s to see well the hairs here so itā€™s ok haha.

red hair1272 smaller.jpg

Just like in Skyfall, he wasnā€™t really dead, just resting. Now Bondā€™s back and better than ever!
What an excellent likeness! You really did a great job on this! :+1:

A student of mine was working on a Daniel Craig sculpt. Iā€™ll have to show him this. What really stands out is the hair. I guess Iā€™ll tell him about HAIRFARM.

:+1:

Nice work again!:+1:

The only thing I have to say is about the hair, imho it appears to be too thin, especially the stubbles of the beard.

I can understand your outrage about hair and fur in max.:confused:
All the things you mentioned happened to me too many times. Sometimes it is a real P. I. T. A.
Hairfarm is quite expensive but I think I will try out the demo version.
Could you post a breakdown of your workflow, texturing, skin shader and hair setup?

Cheers Caglar

My Godā€¦ youā€™re a God!
Listenā€¦ I want your help for a realistic Vray setup skinā€¦ similar to this your miracleā€¦:smiley:

Excellent work as always, Luc. :+1:

Hi guys long time no post

Hereā€™s an update on my craig, the last week I returned on it, tweaked a few things like the hairs,etc. and a new lighting. I did not work on it for months I was tired of seeing it haha, meanwhile I did a black head guy that I canā€™t post for now but I will as soon as I can, and I just started a women nobody faceā€¦ itā€™s a breeze to do compared to do a celebrity :slight_smile:

So hereā€™s are 3 slightly different light set up, let me know wich one you prefer, and also any idea for a nice bg ?

FORGET ABOUT THE CLOTH they are still dummy for now as you can seeā€¦ I want to finish the lighting and all and will do the cloths after.

the one with the bg is the latest one as you can seeā€¦

skin shader avec reflection 157 F.jpgskin shader avec reflection 075 s2.jpgskin shader avec reflection 122 s2.jpgskin shader avec reflection 180 S2.jpgskin shader avec reflection 181 S2.jpg

EDIT : By the way ,the compression is removing a LOT of details, the final one I will upload it differentlyā€¦

Excellent likeness! Really great work! TOP ROW! :smiley:

Cheers, David

I like the lighting in the second one, where his shirt is missing. Iā€™m not even in the same league as you at likeness, but looking at it, it seems like his lower eyelids arent doing their job to push up the skin the way itā€™s displayed. I think a deeper crease under his eyes would really help the believability of his lower lids actually to tensing to keep his eyes somewhat squinted. Especially under his right eye, which seems more squinted. See below image:

http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/C/Daniel-Craig-201264-2-402.jpg

Excellent as always Luc! Congrats man!

pretty awesome!:+1:

Hey thankā€™s all I appreciate it.

Hereā€™s a modified version ,with more eye bags

skin shader avec reflection 201.jpg

TOp rowā€¦

You have just nailed it! Really like how it is coming along :slight_smile:

great likeness and the shader is great!

holy crap thats awesomeā€¦

Awesome Job Big guns, heā€™s turning out really well. Def got the likeness down :slight_smile: Nice work.

~t

Wow! Nice job, you nailed his likenessā€¦ really good work!