ZBrushCentral

Bodice of the Siren

This is my first post here!
I created this project to really push my new PC hard, and I am in love with how well Zbrush preformed. I used more of the toolset than ever before to complete this armor.
Somewhere along the way, this turned into a tribute to the works of John William Waterhouse. I think his work is enchanting and I am glad to share it with people.
I couldn’t decide which color scheme I liked more, so I did both gold and gold edged silver.
I hope you like it.

38 Likes

Really cool and amazing work. :slight_smile: :smiley:

1 Like

Exquisite armor piece! I love that you can see the painted brush texture on the painted sections. :+1:

1 Like

The back is exquisite. “Elegant steampunk” would be the only way I could describe it.

1 Like

Beautiful work!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:!!

1 Like

That’s really cool. Excellent work! :+1:

2 Likes

Beautiful design

1 Like

Wow, amazing first post on ZBC :clap: :clap: :clap:
Welcome to the ZBC community too! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

1 Like

Very good!! :grinning: :clap:

1 Like

The bodice is nice but I do not quite get the logic of using another (dead) artist’s work in the construct. OK It is a homage. I do not really like this homage business especially when you just effectively copy and paste it into your work. I mean you could have painted something yourself and pasted that?

1 Like

a stunning piece of art !
:star::star::star::star::star::star:

1 Like

wonderful :heart:

1 Like

Do you feel the same way about zbrush artists recreating classic oil paintings in 3D?

I’m not sure how to edit the original post, but after some feedback from friends, I re-worked the gold material and I think it looks less flat / boring now. I won’t spam you with all the renders but here’s an update.