ZBrushCentral

Bitter Beer Face

Been wanting to get around for a while to sculpting my own “old man” head. I remembered a beer commercial quite a while back which for some reason came to mind with this dude and his “bitter beer face”. Somehow this guy managed to pull his lower lip up over his nose! :laughing:

Approx. a 4-hour sculpt…

[attach=103482]BitterBeerFace11.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

BitterBeerFace11.jpg

haha awesome sculpt Chris :slight_smile:

HAHA! Brilliant!

wow, thats really great, i love everything about it, especially the way that all the skin seems to have mass and be thick. something about his face reminds me of ernest borgnine

hahahahahaha…haahaha…haha…ha
5*

great sculpt!!!

Alex oliver

Thanks guys! Hehe… he’s funny looking dude alright!

Here’s a couple more angles.

Attachments

BitterBeerFace15.jpg

BitterBeerFace13.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! Put some super thick lensed glasses on him and you’ve pretty much got “Bubbles” from Trailer Park Boys.

Great job, nothing to crit. Spot on work.

Hehe, great character sculpt.

Pulling this sort of face is called gurning - they even have gurning competitions :slight_smile:

Great job, I remember that face! Perfect thickness of flesh in the right areas. Oh my, I didn’t know it was a ‘sport’.

I remember that commercial well… great job!

hahahaha. Absolutely cool.

great work ! cool expression !

:smiley:
Really nice work. The ‘sport’ is gurning. Championships are still held in various parts of the world today. Someday it will be an olympic event.

vvery funny idea and sculpt.great piece.

Thanks, everyone!

Gurning!? Never knew it was an actual sport! That’s hilarious!

Here’s another angle showing more from the top.

Plus I wanted to try an updated version of a skin quad shader I made from ZBrush 2. It wouldn’t work when I first tried it in ZBrush 3 so I had to mess with it quite a bit more to get it to work. But I think it has a nice fleshy effect to it.

[attach=103651]BitterBeerFace15.jpg[/attach]

[attach=103652]BitterBeerFace16.jpg[/attach]

thumb.jpg

Attachments

BitterBeerFace15.jpg

BitterBeerFace16.jpg

Hahaha! -That’s superb! :+1: :+1:

Awesome- bringing Gurning to the masses !

Great model, and the layest shader is fantastic

Ha! This must’ve been a fun sculpt! Nicely done Kraken! :+1: :+1: