ZBrushCentral

Batman Bronze STATUE Burbank City

Hi! Here I want to share with all of you the statue that I had the honor to sculpt in ZBrush for DC and Warner and exposed the last weekend in Burbank City.

Now the citizens of Burbank are secure with the Caped Crusader protecting the City!

The statue is 7,5 foot and 600 pounds made from bronze ,built by the American Fine Arts Foundry and Fabrication.

This initiative aims to promote tourism in the city of Burbank.If you have the opportunity please share your pictures!

Here I show you a few pictures ,press release,screenshot and one picture posted by the designer himself,Mr Jim Lee!

For the design we used the iconic design that Jim did with his well know comic book “Hush”,written by Jeph Loeb and illustrated by Jim Lee and S.Williams(pencils and inks).

Hope you like it!It is an immense honor for me and I would like to thank you for the opportunity to all the DC Team ,specially my art Director Rey Taira and of course Jim Lee for the feedback in the process.

Stay Safe my Friends!
https://www.instagram.com/alejandropereirastudio/

DC_COB_BatmanStatue02-EMBED-2020-1605915966-compressed (1)

tR4XVvD7pvTMxhFBaVErGW-1920-80
jim-lee-batman-825x1024Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 1.07.10 PM Batman-Unveiled-in-Burbank-Installation-Process-by-American-Fine-Arts

Press release

BURBANK, CA (November 20, 2020) – On November 20, 2020, Visit Burbank, along with Burbank-based DC and Warner Bros. Studio, unveiled a new seven-and-a-half-foot tall, 600 pound statue of Batman in the AMC Walkway of Downtown Burbank.

Funded by Visit Burbank, this signature public art piece of the iconic DC Super Hero is an ideal selfie spot in the City. The colossal statue will help showcase Burbank as a leading tourist destination and will exemplify the City’s status as the “Media Capital of the World.”

Since appearing in the pages of DETECTIVE COMICS #27 on March 30, 1939, Batman continues to leave his mark in every form of entertainment imaginable, and now also in Downtown Burbank. The Batman statue is based on a drawing by world-renowned comic book artist and the Publisher and Chief Creative Officer of DC, Jim Lee. The design of the fan-favorite Super Hero and then digitally sculpted by Alejandro Pereira Ezcurra. The final larger-than-life statue, made from bronze, was built by skilled artisans at Burbank’s own American Fine Arts Foundry and Fabrication.

When visiting the newly installed Batman statue, please remember to practice social distancing and wear a face mask.

Learn more about how Visit Burbank engages with residents, businesses, visitors and increases tourism in Burbank, visit https://www.visitburbank.com/.”

BURBANK (CBSLA) — A 7 1/2-foot-tall bronze statue of Batman was unveiled Friday in Burbank.

The 600-pound statue, located on the AMC Walkway, was sculpted by Alejandro Pereira Ezcurra and based on a drawing by DC Comics’ Publisher and Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee.

“Now Batman has found another amazing home here in the heart of Burbank, the city in which so many of his stories have been created, animated, filmed and brought to life,” Lee said in an unveiling video Friday. “I’m honored that this beautiful, larger-than-life statue of Batman is based on one of the iconic poses from a story I drew called `Batman Hush.”‘

City officials hope it will be the first of several “selfie spots” that draw people to the area and highlight the city’s position in the entertainment industry.

DC Comics and Warner Bros. partnered with the city for the project.

“Batman is one of the world’s most iconic characters, standing for justice, strength and fearlessness,” said Pam Lifford, President of Warner Bros. Global Brands and Experiences.

Burbank Mayor Sharon Springer encouraged Batman fans to share their photos of the statue on social media using the #BurbankBatman hashtag.

“The Batman sculpture and the ones to follow help showcase Burbank as a leading tourist destination and will further highlight the city’s statue as the media’s capital of the world,” Springer said.

(© Copyright 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. City News Service contributed to this report.)

37 Likes

This is amazing! Looks great in bronze! Thanks for sharing all the images!

-Joseph

Amazing! It’s got to be immensely satisfying to see your ZBrush work come to life in that kind of scale. :+1: :clap: :clap:

Thanks to you Joseph!!!

Yes!!!it was a huge honor for me!!! :hugs:

Amazing, great work : )

Wowo this is so cool! I love seeing a life-sized Bats in bronze. All started in zbrush… humble beginnings. :fire: :fire: :+1:

So cool! Congratulations!

This is awesome. Congratulations. I will definitely take a look at it in person.

thanks!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks!!!It is huge!!!

Thanks!!!

Then send me pictures because here in Spain we are lockdown :slight_smile:.
Thanks Paul

Will do. Not sure when I get over there but I will definitely capture some images when I get over to that area.

Fenomenal!!! @APereira :clap:
Jaime

Thanks Paul!!!I appreciate it!! :slight_smile:

Gracias Jaime!!!Me alegro que te guste my friend!!! Un abrazo desde tus tierras!

Amazing!!! Brilliant work and a breakthrough for the world of popular culture! You did it, man!!! Awesome!!!

THank you so much for your kind words Joe!!!I really appreciate it!! :pray: :pray: :pray: :blush:

Awesome work!! Congratz!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:!!!