ZBrushCentral

Aurfax Sketchbook

Hey sculptntoo, thanks for your post. I had help from a good friend and coworker for the final design. I did the first sketch and then he did another draw-over, which then I took over again and did another pass and came up with the final design. The weapon was completely designed by me.

Cool both are solid designs again well done :slight_smile:

I can just concur with sculptntoo, very cool design. This guy reminds me somehow of a cartoon guy , but can’t remember who^^
Really cool work and nice polypaint aswell, definantly keep it gong and happy sculpting!
Cheers,

• KC:)

Hey Kenny, thanks for your post. Have you ever seen the movie “The Dark Crystal” by Jim Henson? He looks like a character called Skeksis. I didn’t noticed it when I did the first pass on the design, but my friend who helped me with the concept told me about it when he did his pass on the concept. I never had the intention of making him look like Skeksis, but I guess when you try to create something new a bunch of iconic figures subconsciously come in to play in your imagination to form up new designs. Alright, well, thanks for your comments Kenny, oohh, and before I forget, a couple of weeks ago I went to visit your hometown, well, Clearwater to be specific. My family and I had a great time. That was my second time visiting the bay. Alright Kenny take care.

Here is a render from a character type pharisee that I’ve worked on for my demo reel. He is completely rendered and done in zbrush with some comp work done in photoshop. The demo reel version was rendered in maya’s mental ray. Thanks for stopping by and as always crits are more than welcome. Take care everyone.pharisee_front.jpgpharisee_back.jpgpharise_medium.jpg

Hahahaha from just the head shot i thought it was Gandalf! Really good work. I like it. Sorry, im not mocking you or making fun of your work in the least. I saw the white beard and assumed and then was quite surprised when i saw the actual piece lol. Good stuff! Keep it up!

Hi Clint, no offense taken. He does have a Gandalfesque look, especially from the small thumbnail. Nevertheless, thanks for your comments and for taking the time and posting here. Take care.

Whenever I thought about Pharisees, this is pretty much what always came to mind. Good work.

I can just concur with Jerick, looks a little like Gandalf but I like his pose and the sculpt of his cloth!:+1:
Really nice work and just keep on going man!
Cheerio,

• Kenny.)

@Jerick: Thanks for your comments man. I saw your profile and you mention you are in the military. That’s great. As an ex-military person, I’m happy you are posting here and will like to see more of your work.

@Kenny: Thanks for your post Kenny. Its pretty rainy now in Florida so we my family and I won’t be visiting your hometown. Take care Kenny.

Thanks all again for your comments and taking the time to post. Here now I’ll like to upload some images of a female study I did for my demo. The sculpt was completely done and rendered in zbrush with some comp work in photoshop. Thanks to all and crits are always welcome. Take care all.

great form and flow :slight_smile:

Why is that ‘mature content’?. Strange.

Hey Scott thanks for comment. You know, when I was finishing up the model, decided to add some bikini type of clothes to cover the essential parts, so I wouldn’t had problems showing it anywhere. However,
I guess I just wanted to be safe in case someone found the model too revealing. I know this is an artist forum, but because of my young daughter I guess I didn’t want people telling here that her dad is posting
images of naked or semi-naked people. So, I guess I did it more for her. Alright Scott, thanks for your post and I have to say that I like your work too. Take care.

Nice work!

Hey Jerick, thanks for your last comments, and sorry for my late reply. Well here are some quick sculpts I did based on great artist Ovi Nedelcu. I love his style and I just wanted to break a bit from naturalism and do some cartoony stuff. Hope you guys like it. Take care all.ovi_character_render.jpgovi_character_render1.jpg

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I posted here. I’ve haven’t had that much time for personal work lately. However, today I felt a bit inspired to start a new project. I wanted to created a sculpture of a man who yearns for something or someone. I wanted to create a scene full of emotion and with an nice composition. The overall body silhouette should say a lot about the sculptures current emotional state. No symmetry used so far and a lot of dynamesh. I wanted to uplaod some images of the early stage of this project with hopes that I might get some great critiques in this stage of the sculpt that could help me out with the final look. Thanks to anyone who posts a reply. Take care all.yearn1.jpgyearn2.jpg

Hey, all. I decided to change the pose because I thought the previous one was not conveying the right emotion. What do you guys think? Thanks to anyone who replies. Take care all.
yearn3.jpgyearn4.jpg

I haven’t posted in the longest time. Well, this time I wanted to share these images with the community in hope people could give me some good feedback. The original concept is from artist Sean Galloway (I love his work). Please let me know what you think. Thanks so much.