ZBrushCentral

Astartes Space Wolf (WIP)

Hi all, this is my first character in Zbrush and i decided to make it a real challenge for myself. The goal is to have a complete Space Wolf Terminator (warhammer 40k) lord. I wanted the practice of modelling a full body first and here’s what i have so far.

Unfortunately, i’m having some Re-topo issues, it’s the picture with the strange spikes, can anyone help?

[attach=145983]Beard.jpg[/attach]

[attach=145984]Newest body.jpg[/attach]

[attach=145985]feet.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Beard.jpg

Newest body.jpg

feet.jpg

Also, any directions on how to make believable hair would be sweet.

Here’s my most recent work on the face:

[attach=146271]Facedetail.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Facedetail.jpg

Although no one seems to be responding, i’ll keep posting updates :slight_smile:

Here’s my polypaint, he’s a little pinker in this pic that in reality, and i’m having issues getting the polypaint onto the UV’s i want.

[attach=147630]Facepaint3.jpg[/attach]

[attach=147631]Face Render.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Facepaint3.jpg

Face Render.jpg

Just keep on learning and posting and the comments will come by themself.
The face isnt looking to bad but the full bodys anatomy is made up mostly
youd better check some references for that.
cheers

Here are some renders of the face, still lacking hair and eyelashes/eyebrows. I had a Sub Surface Scattering material set up in maya, but for some reason, past a certain point of tweaking (adding spec maps) Mental Ray would no longer render, claiming it was low on Memory. I looked up the issue and found a severe lack of instruction on how to actually change the memory usage of Mental Ray in Maya. Any help with that would be awesome as Sub Surface Scattering makes it look 100 times cooler.

[attach=148147]face Render2.jpg[/attach]

[attach=148148]face Render3.jpg[/attach]

[attach=148149]face Render4.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

face Render2.jpg

face Render3.jpg

face Render4.jpg

sorry for the obscene picture size before, i didnt notice how large they were. Here’s a front render with eyebrows and eyelashes. Working on Hair alphas atm.

[attach=148250]Face front render.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Face front render.jpg

Here are my most recent tweaks (eyebrows are still a WIP)
Beard Render1.jpg

Attachments

Front_grim_render1.jpg

Beard Render1.jpg

beard render3.jpg

Char sheet.jpg

Loving the Astartes power Armour. Which legion does he belong to?

From the look of the the character (particularly the colour test bit) he is one of Leman Russ’s pups in other words the Space Wolf legion

yep, he’s a Wolf