:smiley:
your box is full:D
have to reviewed:D
i cant send PM¡
by
Andreseloy

oops sorry! guess I got some house cleaning to do! :rolleyes:

will do that right now!

I was looking at a cload making tutorial for XSI and the resulting particle cloud seemed to be maybe usefull as an alpha … so far it seems good for making bumpy surfaces that look somewhat random.

(If ya try it out set the radial fade to some non zero number as there seems to be an edge artifact I couldnt seem to isolate.)

Cloud_Alpha.1_512.jpg

I included a 512x512 uncompressed bitmap (prolly alot better than the jpeg image posted above.

Dan

Attachments

CloudAlphaBumps.gif

Renaming thread for easier finding later on searches…hopefully hahaha.

cool alpha Dan…look forward to playing with it!

This is a WIP. I needed scales, so I made this in photoshop and used it on a current WIP model I am making. Still needs some refining, but it is tileable if you make the z intensity low.
scales1.jpg

Thanks, Jerky!!

i still have these up from polaris and others:small_orange_diamond:D
http://www.fmotion.net/zbrush/

Thanks for the hosting link … theres some nice stuff in that gift file also :slight_smile: … So i guess I’ll say thanks to polaris again also :+1:

Dan

Cool Roguenroll!!! I had it in mind to look for that link and see if it was still active but got sidetracked!!! Thanks for hosting it and reposting it here!!

And thanks again to Polaris for making them!!

I know this is probably an old message but glad, Roguenroll, that you are still hosting these, thanks so much! Thanks also to Polaris for making these great alphas!

Jotajota, Bas, Rawnrr, madwicked, well, everyone who has contributed… great alphas and thanks so much!

http://www.dashdotslash.net/photogallery/

A new area of my site that has alphas I’ve made for download (some high res). I’ll be adding to it all the time. Hope this is of use to someone.

Wayne…

Cool! Thanks Darthwayne!

If anyone else has some cool links or a link to their own specially created alphas they want to share…list them here!!!

I did forget to mention that you have to register to download them. it’s free and basically only to help stop the problem I had with people hotlinking to my images and using up a whole shed load of bandwidth. It’s bacially a formality that only takes a minute or two.

Wayne…

Here ya go… 256 alphas for you to play with :smiley:

www.aliendesignasylum.co.uk/3dworld/ZBux alpha collection.zip

Thanks Buckie, now I know how ya filled up all your slots already!:smiley:

THANKS!!!
Those are great!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Lemo

DarthWayne and Buckie - Thanks so much!!!

http://www.dashdotslash.net/photogallery/categories.php?cat_id=24

A special heads up for the members here. I’ve been thinking for a while about using Zbrush for generating greeble type bump / displacement maps for hard surface models. The result at a first pass at some greeble alphas are available at the above link.
These are in the early development stage so feedback would be greatfully received. For those unaware of ‘greeble’, it’s a 3ds plug in for generating a sort of detail effect similar to that seen on star distroyers etc… a quick search about it will give you the basic idea.

Wayne…

can some one suggest me how to import Alphas… when i tried Alpha/import in Zbrush… it’s showing that…“Unable to read the specified file”

looking for help
thanks