ZBrushCentral

Alex Ross Superman

supermanHeadRender.jpg Latest render.
Z brush
Maya
Photoshop

Attachments

head_renderCompositeSmall.jpg

A very nice Alex Ross superman…:+1: Did you use the wax sculpture in Mythology for reference. I feel a little of that influence here. Either way, I dig him a lot…:smiley:

Dickie

Yea , Im a huge Alex Ross fan, …and yes, …the wax sculpture deffinately served as a major part of reference and inspiration

Lookin good. Horrible name for a topic though. Do you have any body renders?

ok, …changed the topic name,…and going to be rendering out body images soon.

changed the background, and placement of head,.
all crit is welcome
[ATT=]supermanHeadRender.jpg[/ATT]

Attachments

supermanHeadRender.jpg

nice work

Cool Modeling :cool:

ThnX 4 tha praise

bodyPreview.jpg

Attachments

supermanBodyRender.jpg

Wonderful, indeed. :+1: 50.

superman has a super package

Naturally. He is super man after all.

Have you seen Antropus’ version from Alex Ross’s Kingdom Come, I think? His is very similar to yours although the colors are less vibrant. I really like the hands a lot. I think the yellow could be dulled a lot. It seems like its pasted on its so bright.

Outstanding work mate, you should be proud :wink:

I’d have to agree with womball’s comment about the yellow though. It looks a little luminous, heading towards the green spectrum of yellows. Other than that, perfection! :smiley:

Thanks, for the crit, …I do agree with you, the yellow is to vibrant, …Im wondering if its not JUST the yellows, … when I get some time I will deffinatley adjust the yellows, and possibly desaturate the image as a whole a bit, …
and, yes, …
I have seen Antropus’ superman,…
in fact I stare at it in awe
over and over again, …I think that peice is Amazing, and inspiring.

[thumbnail.jpg]head_renderComposite.jpg
ok, …tried some quick changes, …
Made the adjustments you suggested,
Feeling a bit better about it now, …
let me know what you think,
and as always, …Crit is welcome

[](http://attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1)

Attachments

body_renderComposite.jpg

Maybe some wrinkles across the S might help, I would think there would be at least some tension lines there. Is the S supposed to be sewed on or painted on? Also you might want to go over all of your colors with a airbrush like spray. They are a bit flat now. The yellow could use some brighter flecks of yellow in it, and the suit may need a bump map. What fabric is it made of?

there are a couple of wrinkles near the bottom of the chest, …the red of the S may be washing it out, …, and there is a bump map applied, …its subtle, …I dont think its noticeable at this distance, …
maybe it needs to be bumped up a bit, …