It is possible to interactively insert notes into a recorded ZScript by following these (previously undocumented) steps…
1. Load the ZScript that you wish to annotate in ZBrush.
2. Begin ZScript recording.
3. Optional step: Set the ZScript Replay Delay value to about 500 in order to slow down the replay speed.
4. Press ‘Play’ to begin a replay of your ZScript.
5. While your ZScript is replaying and being rerecorded, you may insert notes to the recorded ZScript by pressing the CTRL+SPACEBAR keys. This will pause the script and display a text-entry dialog box. Type the text and press OK ( repeat as needed). When done, press the CANCEL button in order to dismiss the dialog box and resume recording. Repeat step 5 as needed.
6. When done annotating the script, Press the ZScript End Rec to terminate the recording and save the new annotated ZScript.
You may now test your ZScript and - if needed - open the ZScript in a text editor and modify the inserted notes.
Hope this helps
Note: Version 1.55b does not record notes that are already available in your original ZScript, therefore, you need to fully annotate the ZScript in ‘one-pass’. Any corrections or additions to the notes should be done within a text-editor. (Next ZBrush version will rerecord the notes of the original ZScript.)