Yesterday night I read through a 26 page thread about displacements and I still havent been able to do the displacement right, so I decided to totally understand what is the problem, I saw alot of good formulas to figure out the Alpha Gain etc… but here and now I want to make it very easy for anyone to be able and get it right, I started doing a little converter just to get the important numbers you need, here is a screen shot.
Zbrush Alpha / Alpha Depth Factor
- Maya File Attribute / Filter Type
- Maya Color Balance / Color Gain
- Maya Color Balance / Color Offset
- Maya Effects / Filter
- Maya Effects / Filter Offset
I dont know if there is more stats the can Drive or be Driven, but form what I saw those are the main stats to get the right conversion.
- This is not to know what are the displacement stats in Maya, Ex: Spatial, Lenght etc…
- the Filter type, Filter, and Filter Offset is simply a recommendation, and I cant imagine a reason to change them, from whatever is recommended. Like what ive seen, I think Filter Type should be None, Filter should be 0 and Filter Offset 0.001… I think :P.