With <b>3D</b><b>P</b><b>rint Exporter</b> you will be able to export your favorite ZTool in <b>STL</b> and <b>VRML</b> file formats, opening you to the world of <b>3D Printing</b>. Who has never dreamed about having your virtual sculpting in "real" 3D, standing on your desk? Now it's possible for you to print your ZBrush models:
- Sculpt your art with ZBrush
- Optimize if needed your model with the Decimation Master plugin
- Export it with 3D Print Exporter
- Export in STL, Binary and Ascii.
- Export in VRML.
- Size in Inches and millimeters.
- Export the current or all the SubTools.
[i]"The 3D Print Exporter continues to save my life on a daily basis. The quality I'm able to get out of ZBrush as a usable file that my other programs can handle has made me a happy camper. You have just opened up a new world for me![/i]." [i]<b>Adam Ross - Idol Workshop</b>[/i] [i]"Finally! - a direct export from ZBrush to print format! This tool will help decrease the time it takes to get a ZBrush sculpture ready for 3d print production, and open up the services of most 3D Printing Service Bureaus."[/i]<b>[i] Bill Henderson - Creative Director - Offload Studios Inc.[/i]</b> [i]"Going from the final design to rapid protoyping ready parts has been a timely production within itself... That has now been eliminated with Decimation Master and the 3D Printer Exporter plugin for ZBrush. The ability to go directly from ZBrush to a optimized scaled prototype part, eliminating any other software in between, is priceless. Once again Pixologic turns the technical to art.[/i]" [i]<b>Jason Lopes - Senior Systems Engineer - Legacy Effects</b>[/i]
[i]Model Courtesy of <b>Adam Ross</b>[/i] [[attach=208287]Snake[/attach]](http://www.pixologic.eu/preprint/documentation/maq3d_high.jpg) [i]Click to enlarge - Model Courtesy of <b>Yann Bajard, Maq3D</b>[/i] Check out these threads related to 3D Printing!
- [The Sky Fisherman](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=065258)
- [T.S.Whittelsbach's Jewelry Sketchbook](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=61205)
- [Hulk Miniature](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=60245&page=9&pp=15)
- [Sweet Mary Jane](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=061585)
- [Rapid Prototyping and ZBrush in the Arts](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=061330)
- [Indiana Jones Crystal Skulls](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=059905)
- [Spiderman Venom](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=054102)
This plugin is available with ZBrush 4R6.
The plugin is automatically installed with the standard installation of ZBrush.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: I don’t see 3D Print Exporter in the ZPlugin palette.
A: If you did a custom install of ZBrush then run the installer again and make sure you install the 3D Print Exporter plugin.
© 2010 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush, and the ZBrush logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.