SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS:
Victory 3D is proud to announce the 2014 Fall Sci-Fi Contest, sponsored by CGTextures, Anatomy 4 Sculptors, and Philippe Faraut. The purpose of this contest is to encourage 3D artists to reach the next level of proficiency. The contest starts at August 15, 2014 and ends November 15, 2014.
Participants will create a 3D sci-fi character fully modeled, textured, and rendered using the software programs of their choice. For a list of science fiction subjects, please CLICK HERE. We highly recommend that you take time to plan and do your research first before beginning a project.
- Work In Progress(WIP) should be posted at the FALL 2014 Sci-Fi forum. Naming convention for your thread/topic should be Sci-Fi ***8211; (Entry name).
- Upon completion, one final beauty render 1920 X 1080 posted at 2014 Fall Sci-Fi Final Submission thread/topic.
Naming convention should be Sci-Fi Final ***8211; (Entry name).
- All characters must be textured and rendered. Background is not required, but encouraged.
- Character must be original (this should come from your imagination). No reproductions or fan fictions please.
- The character must be in-action pose(absolutely NO T-poses)
- Character must be modeled from head to toe. We need to see a complete character.
All entries must be submitted by the end of Saturday, November 15th 2014 @23:59 (EST). Final submissions should be posted at the 2014 Fall Sci-Fi Contest Final Submissions thread
The community will vote on their favorite entries. From that, 6 entries with the most amount of votes will be sent to the judges where they will determine the top 3 winners.
JUDGED BY INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS:
Neil Blevins, Jelle Van De Weghe, Jonas De Ro, James Paick
HOW YOU WILL BE JUDGED:
This is what the judges will be looking for in your submission:
Creativity/Originality ***8211; The design is unexpected and shows use of creative thought and problem solving skills.
Craftsmanship ***8211; Character is well-formed. Surfaces and lighting is believable and consistent.
Practical Use ***8211; Fully developed concept. Design is planned logically.
Overall Appearance ***8211; Graphics are attractive and captivate the viewer***8217;s attention.
1st Place: Anatomy For Sculptors Softcover Book and featured on Anatomy4Sculptors FB page, Extra Membership of CGTextures.com
2nd Place: 13.77" Labeled Male Ecorche Torso Figure, Normal Membership of CGTextures.com
3rd Place: 13.77" Female Planes Anatomy Torso Figure