ZBrushCentral

• ZTimeLapse Rev B • Windows and Macintosh versions •

Starting up Zbrush things go wrong (see pict). In ZStartup I made a ZPlugs folder.

Attachments

screenshot_01.jpg

Not sure if it works the same way in macs…but

Your folder should look something like this:

the ztimelapse.zsc file is the only one that should be in the zplugs folder…the rest of the files should be in the folder i circled in pink…as a subfolder in the zplugs folder.
otherwise it won’t be able to find the files it needs to work.
I hope Mac’s are similar and this helps some…if not…Pixolator?

Attachments

forzb001.jpg

:+1:
Andreseloy

Attachments

ZTimeLapseImage My Hands Final.jpg

ZTimeLapseImageV.jpg

Aminuts
This is exactly how I put this files, but at startup I get an error.

Hi guys.
Can’t seem to download this at all. Any ideas why?
Cheers
Sav

I get the same error as Baz Mazur on my Mac. I’m on Mac OS 10.3.4, Dual G4 1 Ghz, 768 MB RAM. Zbrush 2.03.

Works fine on my PC at home though.

Sadly i too get the same error as Baz Mazur, and chadtheartist. I have to remove the script in order for zbrush to load properly.

Running OSX 10.3.5 - zbrush 2.03

Hey spaz8,

Does it look like Zbrush just starts up as a blank grey screen? If it does, just hide Zbrush, and select the app from the Dock. The whole Application should appear. I found this out by accident, and just wanted to share this. Hopefully this will help. :smiley:

Andreseloy

Great Zscript!
Thanks!:smiley:

same error(s) as jayboyd, bas mazur, chadtheartist and spaz reported over here (OSX 10.3.7).

with the help of chads shmoove hide-move i was able to go even one step further:

load the zscript via script-palette (go look for starter>plugs) - voila, ZTimeLapse appears in the plug-ins pallette. alas, upon clicking the ZTimeLapse button after doing a little session i got the following error:

ZScriptNote: Specified exeute-file could not be found: {FileExecute,{Var,dllPath},Do,40}

(instead of 30 like in the first one appearing when starting zbrush)

• juandel

I wonder if for mac’s it’s looking for the dll in the zplug folder itself. Has anyone tried dumping the contents of the data folder into the zplugs folder for kicks?

hard to tell since i don’t use a mac where it says it is looking for that dll.

something to experiment with maybe til Pixolator arrives to save the day.

jayboyd1: Version 2.03 is the current Mac version. You need to update to that from 2.02. I have sent you an email.

Bas Mazur: Could you please post in the troubleshooting forum and also include your complete system specs (as per that forum’s guidelines)?

Ron Harris: If you installed correctly, then the problem may be caused by insufficient memory. Your screen grab shows that you only have 128 MB of RAM on your system, which is below the recommended amount.

By the way, here are some screen grabs of what a fresh installation of the plugin should look like:

[attach=6002]ZBCImage.jpg[/attach]
[attach=6003]ZBCImage2.jpg[/attach]
[attach=6004]ZBCImage3.jpg[/attach]

In this example, there are no other plugins installed. It’s ok for your own ZPlugs folder to have more plugins and folders, but the ZTimeLapse Data folder should not be modified by you (although the script itself will place new files here as needed). The data folder should have only three files in it when you install the plugin.

Attachments

ZBCImage.jpg

ZBCImage2.jpg

ZBCImage3.jpg

I tried moving all of it all over the place. Nothing seems to work properly. I moved the contents of the ZTimeLapseData into the ZPlugs folder, and Zbrush loaded properly. It even loaded the plugin, but when I went to run it it said the ZTimeLapse plugin could not be found.

[EDIT]This was in response to Aminuts. I wasn’t responding to Aurick’s post. So all of the scripts/folders are exactly as Aurick pointed out. The original errors that were pointed out earlier are still showing up.

I am getting the same results as chadtheartist on my Mac G5 under MacOSX 10.3.7.
The ZTimeLapse plugin is not showing.

Hi:)
About the Macintosh version: When installed correctly, the script should be able to locate the ZPlugin; however, there may be a problem with the extraction of zip-files on Macintosh system. I have added a Macintosh-compressed file in .sit format (instead of zip format) to the first post of this thread. Please re-download the Macintosh sit file instead of the zip file.

Hope this helps,
-Pixolator

Aurick, I have 393 megs of ram…and alot 360 of it to Z2 in the pref>mem…where are you seeing 128 megs of ram at on the screen shot? thnx
ron

edit…screen shot of my system properties…

if there is something else I should be doing please let me know…looks like an extremely useful script for sure…

I did blank out my personal registration stuff on my sys screen shot for privacy reasons…just in case you are wondering lol…yeah like I am a private person…

any further input is appreciated…

ron

Another screen shot also show of the file tree …do you see anything wrong with that…??? and when I click the “latest lapse file image” I get that same little date strip as shown in an earlier screen shot…

Attachments

RamScreenShotRHJ.jpg

ScreenShot4AurickJ.jpg

Thanks a lot Pix! It works perfect now. Strange that it would be the .zip causing the problems. Wierd.

ZTimeLapseImage.jpg

Thanks Pixolator! All good now.

Ron you are missing the zbrushdll.dll file…you have the dll lib file but not the dll itself…check and make sure its not in the plugs folder…if its there then move it back to the data folder.

the only version in the plugs folder should be the .zsc one.