ZBrushCentral

ZStartup Master! unofficial - Information, Installation

I’ll post it on my personal page and share it with friends and my colleagues

@dannycool90: Which menu are you referring to? Can you post a screenshot? Thanks!

-Joseph

It was fine but, for some reason, the plugin stopped to work for me a while ago.
It is present in the zplug menu and I do install the custom startup, but when I restart zbrush, only some parameters remain and not others, the menu configuration for instance.
I did install the plugin in the indicated folder (zplug64).
I do have the latest 3.1 version.

Any idea?

Thank you for helping.

@boumay: After you click “Install Custom Startup” can you check to see what is generated in the DefaultZScript.txt file located at: \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZScripts\ ?

The plugin generates that file which runs at ZBrush Start. If its not generating correctly there may be something installed to the wrong location :slight_smile:

-Joseph

Sure, here is what’s inside the txt:

//startup
[If,[MemGetSize,JD_JMBlock],
[IShowActions,0]
[IFreeze,
[MVarDef,JD_JMBlock,1]
[FileNameSetNext,“ZBRUSH_\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\ZStartupMaster_4R7\ZStartupProject.zpr”][IPress,File:Open]
[IModSet,Draw:Draw Size,0]
[ISet,Transform:Rot Y,1]
[IUnPress,Preferences:Lightbox:Open At Launch]
]
]

Actually, I noticed that the ztool loaded, and the document size, lightbox closing, etc.
The things that were missing are the menu custom setup. I usually put the zplug and alpha menus on left pane alongside material one, and these don’t load at startup eventhough they were with zstartup master before that.

@boumay: After you put the Alpha and Materials on the left side by the materials did you ‘Store Config’ [Preferences:Config:Store Config]? The Plugin doesn’t modify anything related to the UI it all should stay as long as you stored the config after you moved items around. Let me know if Storing the Config resolves the issue?

thanks,

-Joseph

My bad, it works now with store config.
Thank you joseph for your help

@boumay: Np! Glad its up and running again =)

need this little guy working within 4R8 :stuck_out_tongue:

please pretty please :smiley:

@ pid18000
Ha ha, it seems that you and I both posted this request at the same time today. :slight_smile:
Except I actually private messaged Joseph. :slight_smile:
I agree, this is a very cool little plugin! Hoping to use it for 4r8 as well.
Thanks again for all your hard work, Joseph!

This is an essential plugin IMHO. Curious why it has not been made official?

Just want to confirm ZStartup Master works with 4R8 P2! Yeeepppeeee!
:laughing:

Windows 10 here.

Thank again Joseph!!!:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Does this plugin help you save the grid and unit measurement settings?

For example, if I set the grid to where each square is 1mm and the unit of measurements are in mm, could I have these automatically load?

Hi, can you please add “Local Transformations” off in startup addon. I find it more annoying then useful since it makes adjusting, panning camera more often.

Edit: Found it! Thanks!
http://pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/zplugins/

If I turn on the “Store Current Tool” and restart Zbrush it doesn’t open my project file. Even if I will open project file with closet Zbrush. But if I turn on “Store Current Tool” everything works fine. Maybe someone can fix this???

ZStartup stores all my settings except those of the Brush Palette, I like setting the smooth brush size 0.75 than that of sculpt size. Is there a way to save this as default? Actually Export “Grp” doesn’t get stored either.

What I love about this plugin & its several features that it also stores my project settings (current tool, current grid settings , as if you have a default project opens automatically with ZBrush) this plugin is a must have .

I currently use zBrush 2019 with zStartupMaster and it’s not work.