ZBrushCentral

Zscript : XYZ Adjust (rev B) ****** updated the 14th of June 2004

Awesome Zscript, Thankyou :slight_smile:

This will come in very handy :slight_smile:

Hi TV,

Yes, now I remember seeing that noticeā€¦ though it seems to be referring to the ZData directory, not the ZPlugs subdirectory.

Since the ZData directory has a bunch of .CFG files in it, it would make sense to keep that directory virginā€¦ but the ZPlugs files is different. Maybe Aurick could give a little more precise guidance here.

Iā€™ve been dropping all kinds of stuff into ZPlugs with no ill-effects for several weeks now. But if Matt says Iā€™m tampering with ā€œGodā€™s planā€, Iā€™ll put things back the way they wereā€¦ :wink: one problem I see might be conflicting hotkeys. I havenā€™t done anything with Memory because I donā€™t understand that stuff at all. As you say, conflicts might involve variable names, too. Hmm.

Anyway, I tried out revB of XYZAdjust in the Zplugs subdirectory and it seems to work fine. I like the symmetry feature. But Iā€™m still not in complete control of ZSphere construction - gotta work on that some more. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update. you do good work!

Sven

Thank you TVeyes for the update, as Iā€™m starting
to use zspheres more and more, this will come
pretty handy. Your idea about some snapshots
is highly appretiated.

Have a nice summer! :+1:

Thank you TVeyes. The script is very very helpful.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I seem to be getting a problem with this script.
If I place a ZSphere on screen then apply symmetry X then place two ZSpheres [eyebrows] then another two [elongated eyebrows] I then use the script to adjust the speres and all works just great. Untill I place another ZSphere between the two previous spheres, [sort of like placing a nose between two eyebrows] and attempt to use the script to adjust it, then I get a major crash with the following message ā€¦

ZScript Note : Input value is out of range
[ZSphereGet,SymetryOn,ZSphere+1]

I Then get the following message ā€¦
ZBrush Executable has encountered a problem and needs to close ā€¦

I have reproduced this problem each time I place ZSpheres as I have described above, I am not sure if I have a problem here or if it is just a minor script problem.

I am running Windows XP Pro on a Pentium 4 running at 3 Ghz with 1 Gb ram and a 128 Mb Nvidia video card. I donā€™t normally get any trouble with ZBrush on this system.

Hope someone can help

2 Questions

1-I have modeled the adaptive skin. After modifying the resolution the skin reverts to what it looked like before it was modeled. Is there a way to maintain the modeling and lower the resolution in specific sections?

2-Is there a setting lower than x=0, y=0, and z=0 ?

3-Is there a zscript to fix too many zspheres in a small area after modeling the skin?

Thanks people, glad you like it. The examples are coming soon, as in before 2005 :rolleyes:

Thanks Willog, I have corrected the error and will post the new version soonish, together with a Zscript Window alternative.

Avmics:

1. You must follow the basic rules of Zsphere adaptive skins. Anything that changes the number of polygons or rearranges their order will reset any modeling you have done. So set up your zsphere object, adjust XYZ resolution and then model detail.

2. No, 0 and 1 are the lowest resolution, they are however skinned differently. 8 is the highest axis resolution of a zsphere.

3. No, again, you cannot add or remove zspheres, or do other things that changes the number of polygons without losing your modeling.

Thanks TVEyes for taking on board my comments, this script is just the job as far as I am concerned. makes modelling with ZSpheres really exciting.
Thankyou again my friend

This script has become an indispensable part of my ZSphere-editing process, and I would like to add my voice to those pleading for a modeless version of this script. (Given how much I depend on it, removing a few clicks from each step would save a lot of time.)

I have come across two problems, which I believe are linked to the script, though given my general noobiness, itā€™s possible I am causing them in some other way.

This first image shows an error message I get, followed by a crash of ZBrush, when I attempt to change the XYZ values of a recently added ZSphere. It only seems to happen when I add a single, centered ZSphere to an X-symmetrical model.

This second image shows the preview skin becoming non-symmetrical in the neck area. My workflow is to add ZSpheres, go into XYZAdjust2, and change the XYZ and membrane values until the preview skin flows well, then exit the script and add more ZSpheres. I noticed this nonsymmetry after trying several different XYZ and membrane values for the ZSpheres in the neck area.

Anyway, great script, and if you need beta testers, please let me know. Thanks.

Here is the corrected zscript. XYZadjustRevB_Corrected.zip

If you do not already have the original file from page 1, get that first(for the graphics). Then overwrite the XYZadjust2.zsc file with this one.

DevilBunny: The first problem is corrected in the above file but I am not sure the script is the cause of your second problem. I have a feeling you have an even X, Y or Z resolution for the large zsphere between the shoulders, or possible the one beneath it. Iā€™ll do some tests.

The modeless version and a slightly updated window version is just around the corner. Thanks for the offer I might take you up on it.

Btw, I forgot to add a little tip. To get the XYZadjust window out of your work area try moving the cursor quickly to one side right after pressing ā€˜kā€™ to activate the zscript. The slight delay it takes for the window to appear is enough to position the window where you want it.

Thanks for the quick response!

I thought for certain I had gotten the most recent version. Doh! Installing the new version did indeed fix the crash error I was getting. And good catch on the nonsymmetrical mesh - the central shoulder ZSphere had an Xres of 2 - incrementing it to 3 fixed the mesh immediately. I hadnā€™t really thought about the even/odd question - I guess if you go from even to odd in a spinal chain, for example, youā€™re asking for trouble.

Also, excellent tip on the cursor flick - it helps a lot when Iā€™m going to be going up and down the ZSphere chain within the script dialog.

Thanks!

Thanks TV!! This script is invaluable! Thank you sooo much!!

wenna

great script, big help, thanks! :+1: :sunglasses:

Im a noob of sorts, and ive noticed that when im doing a zsphere model project there no way to apply x, y,and z symmetry to individual zspheres while having any of the x, y,and z resolution buttons pressed.Example;
say ive got a figure with two hands , and i want to add 5 fingers to each.If Im on x symmetry and click on a hand the same thing happens to the other hand , but as soon as i press one of the resolution buttons the whole model seems to be affected and not the hand.id like to be able to apply the efect locally to a set of zsheres.Any help with this appreciated.i just want to pull out 5 points on a set of hands for example.Can this tool do this?

Thankyou for this TV eyes :):+1:

Does this script work with the Mac version of ZBrush 2 ,Iam not having any luck. I am following the instructions and am using the corrected script. My selected Zshere turns red and I get an error message ā€œZscript Note: Width value is out of rangeā€

Tbeattle is correct TVeyes, Mac users are getting the same error.

Attachments

xyz.jpg

Thanks to both of you for notifying me.

Here is a version that will work on a Mac (and PC). XYZadjust2_Mac.zip

You will still need the graphics from the file on the first page of this thread.

A new version is due very soon. Yes I know, but this time it really is soon:) I will also be hosting the files myself so various versions are not scattered across a thread like this one.

This now works. Mucho gracias! Merci! Thank you! Woooohhoooo!!! :smiley:

Thx for your script TVeyes. I just installed the last updated Mac Version posted. However, Iā€™m having problems with the script. The interface never leaves the screen and I canā€™t get back to Zbrushā€™s interface. XYZadjust has control and wonā€™t let go. Please advise.