ZBrushCentral

Zmodeler Bridge Two Connected Poly's not working!

(Ver 2021.6.6)
Attempting to bridge two connected poly’s does not create arc. The poly’s are connected but the connection remains flat to surface - UNLESS I attempt where one of the poly’s is located at an edge then it sort of works. Two images below show my settings and the various results I have been getting. This is very frustrating. I have used this successfully in the past and now it is not working. Any help?
[Edited to add screenshot showing what happens when I try to bridge to poly’s at 90 degrees to each other. NO option will produce a nice curved arch.]
Screenshot 2021-06-12 101224 Screenshot 2021-06-12 101317

Hi @lensman888

I get the same thing. It looks like it’s inverting the procedure somehow and it’s also doing it in version 2021.5. I think you will have to let Pixologic Support know so that they are aware of it. You can include a link to this topic.

Thanks. Good to know I’m not going crazy (well, craziER!) :laughing:

1 Like

Hello @lensman888

Align to Tangent is active. Please switch on “Align to Normal” and see if it addresses your issue.

Thank you!

1 Like

Well, what do you know - it worked… That is very surprising since I normally never even touch those boxes AND when I was looking through videos trying to solve this I came across the below video from Joseph Drust and you can clearly see that the bottom boxes are left at their default settings, including the Align to Tangent!

Thanks ! @Spyndel :+1:

@lensman888 ,

The geometry Jospeh was working with in that video will perform that way with tangent active. A cube with > 4 polygons on a side will not.

No, thank you!

Wow, are you serious?! That is very bizarre.

@lensman888 - I guess for a 2x2 cube the faces adjoining the two selected for bridging are by nature normal to the bridge faces so the bridge would in fact be tangent to them.

1 Like