ZBrushCentral

Zketchpad - A ZBrush 2 Plugin

Unbelievable! This is the best plugin to date. I always draw on paper. I use Photoshop, Painter, and I bought sketchbook Pro just to see if I could get away from paper, but I have never escaped the need for it. In about 10 seconds after installing, and looking at my options, and giving it a quick spin I am totally excited. THis is the Mutha of all drawing apps. Ahhh… Scripts. :slight_smile:

I need to go play. Thanks Aurick for keeping Glens plugin alive, and turning it into something new, and exciting again. :smiley:

Wow, I just saw this today . . .Thanks Aurick and Glen Southern for this great script.This is very cool ! Are you planning on adding other brushes such as Oil paint in the near future ?

Thanks again Here is a little sketch I did today ;) Alp [![zbrush_sketch.jpg|1008x878](upload://cECYAksCS2ms25isVjf4FZdtN6G.jpeg)](javascript:zb_insimg('19833','zbrush_sketch.jpg',1,0))[](http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%27%27,%27zbrush_sketch.jpg%27,1,0%29)

You can already paint in 2D with ZBrush d00d. :lol:

Hey really nice update to the older one, makes 2d sketching that much more enjoyable, thanks Aurick.

Bill

Hey alp. You can use Zapp Link to bring this back, and forth from Painter, or Photoshop. Whichever your prefrence is set to open PSD with.

wierdPal >> Thanks I did not know that, I just recently started using ZBrush. Really appreciate it. I use Painter and photoshop for all my work, yet being amazed by ZBrush, and seeing something new every day.

thanks again !

Alp

Technically you can’t paint 2D in Zbrush. You have to have a surface or shape to paint on. I was shocked when I realized there were no true 2D functions, it’s all 2.5D or paint on 3D objects. Very bizzarre ommission.

hey Mat, awesome script just got even better… however when i control click the main icon from a custom location, the program shuts down zbrush, can this be fixed at all… so far it only loads for me from the plugin window… thanks.

“Technically you can’t paint 2D in Zbrush. You have to have a surface or shape to paint on. I was shocked when I realized there were no true 2D functions, it’s all 2.5D or paint on 3D objects.”

Belseth -

Actually, this is inaccurate though I understand your confusion. In the QuickStart guide: Production Basics I point to a workflow that would lead one to this assumption. :slight_smile:

However, if you wish to paint in a purely 2D capacity you can simply go to the render palette and turn on Flat (it is under the Preview button). Then, for each tool you paint with, including 3D objects, make sure that only RGB is selected and that you are not painting with either ZAdd or ZSub on.

No need to add water, instant 2D painting! :slight_smile:

Hope this helps clarify some things.

Ryan

I Just wanted to try this. 30 min. Quite good. Thanks

01.jpg

Even better than Zketcher! This make Zbrush even more of necessity for the digital artist. Here’s my test sketch:

sketch.jpg

Thanks again Aurick and Glen! :smiley:

One of the greatest Plugin i`ve ever seen - fantastic - THXs to Aurick & Glen :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Better than Paper and Pen !!!

[Zchetchpad.jpg]

Oh Southern! Not again! :wink:

I got a case of doodle-itise now! No known cure!!! So I guess it’s actually a relapse! :lol:

Smart work. One of the best Zscripts I’ve seen so far.

Hey, DJ. Long time no see!

If I understand you correctly, you’ve moved the Zketchpad icon to a custom location and saved your interface, and then you Ctrl+Click the icon at the location to run it? If so, then that’s not quite right. Simply click the icon, just like you would the Projection Master one (which is also a plugin, where the location of the button has already been stored on the Shelf for you).

Thanks for all the compliments! I’m glad that you’re enjoying the new version – and really glad to see the cool stuff you’re creating with it. Keep those Zketches coming! :slight_smile:

Here’s my contribution to a great plugin…

ZB Grafitti style…

[zb-graff.jpg]

Thanks again Aurick, awesome job…:+1:

PS One thing I’ve thought of that you could do is make the eraser work when you flip the wacom stylus around like in photoshop…

I wonder if there is a way to include a way to rotate the canvas as is possible in Painter?
This would make sketching even more like the real thing.

Using this plugin to start off a sketch it is really great and then to take it on further using other tools to develop a painting. Zbrush has so many possibilities with 2d painting, I haven’t used a proper pencil since Aurick posted this plugin, I am just having so much fun learning. Hope I can soon finish one to post up here.

Rotating the canvas would be so cool.

Bill

and a first test drive result
[ZketchTest.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘19946’,‘ZketchTest.jpg’,1,0))

Grat logo Buckie… I love it…