ZBrushCentral

ZBrush to photoshop problem

Hi,
Since I upgraded to 2019 (and 2019.1) the plugin hasn’t worked.
It runs through all the passes in Zbrush as normal, then opens photoshop, but doesn’t open a file.
I’m also not getting the script popup.
I’m using CS5.1 if that matters

Any help would be appreciated

Hey Corporal_Nobbs,

The default functionality for the plugin is setup to be used with Photoshop CC versions. Adobe changed some items with Photoshop 2019 CC that causes conflicts with CS5.

There is a function built into the plugin that will force the plugin to use JSX linking instead. Can you try running the following steps and see if the issue is resolved on your end?

1. Make sure you have the ZBrush to Photoshop CC plugin installed
  2. Launch ZBrush
  3. Hold ‘Alt’ and click [ZPlugin:ZBrush To Photoshop:R] (This will force the plugin to use JSX linking)
  4. Click [ZPlugin:ZBrush To Photoshop:Send To Photoshop CC] (The passes should be sent to Photoshop CS5 correctly.)

If you are still having issues can you submit a support ticket at: https://support.pixologic.com/ and we can investigate further.

Thanks =)

-Joseph

1 Like

Yes. This worked. Thanks so much :+1:

Hi. I have a related problem, I think. I have been using Adobe CC for work. Newest Photoshop is 2020. I have the newest ZBrush 2021.5 active. I cannot seem to export using GoZ to Photoshop CC. Adobe indicates Creative Cloud can’t open the jbx file. I am on a Mac computer. I am also exploring to see if Adobe might have the fix. Any help would be hugely appreciated…

Hello @Carlyn_Iverson

Please visit Pixologic Support, and start a conversation there. That is where we troubleshoot technical issues.

Thank you!

I was having this same problem - and getting rid of my layers by baking them down or deleting them fixed it