ZBrushCentral

Zbrush Summit 2015: Artists Recap

Hey Guys I wanted to upload what I made for the day of as well as many of the duds that I had to go through to end up at my final design. I tried to compress my process but I still had to cut out a thick stack of 2d drawings, and variations. Many of the ideas I started with ended up in the final design, but in different form. I explored various arm, tongues, as well as floral, parasitic fungus, trees, cactus, agave, insects, worms, skulls. microbial forms. I was a very wide net. and I would do little sculpts, and abandon them quickly when I saw they weren’t working. I didn’t know what would work but I knew I would know a winner when I saw it on the page. The annoying thing was each one that didn’t work had elements that I did like, and I could make work given enough time. A lot of the design choices I ended up with were based on the execution time per area. I think I ended up with a better design by stripping off most of the complexity. Forearms, became roots, branches became horn, arms became thorned agave leaves. One of the earliest ideas I had was having some sort of skull growing in a wooden growth so that came in as just a mouth. My design got too unrelateable as it got more insectoid so I brought back the skull bits. I was trying to utilize more underrated zbrush functions, which I did find many, but In the end the shapes I went with didnt require them, which doesn’t mean I won’t be using those functions all the time from now on.

explore2.jpgexplore3.jpgexplore4.jpg

Attachments

explore2.jpg

explore3.jpg

explore4.jpg

Hey guys! The 2015 Zsummit was fun ! I was one of the artists in the hard surface sculpt off.
I want to share my IMM brushes that I used to assemble the dinosaur
Followingthis link will give you a 100% discount . If you feel like paying for it you are more than welcome.

UPDATE: quantity limited to 20 and no more of them left , thanks for checking them out guys!

1.jpg2.jpg

more duds

explore6.jpgexplore7.jpgexplore8.jpgexplore9.jpgexplore10.jpgexplore11.jpg

Attachments

explore6.jpg

explore7.jpg

explore8.jpg

explore9.jpg

explore10.jpg

explore11.jpg

final evolution before game day
explore12.jpgcomp.jpg

Attachments

explore12.jpg

comp.jpg

To prepare, I had my extremely talented friend Jason Kim sketch up my idea for me.
JasonKsketch.jpg
Then I blocked out the body, the leaf-arms, and the eyes. Then I used a pre-built nano-brush to populate the seeds. Then I painted him up, added some tears, and rendered him in Keyshot.
ShaneOWip.jpg
Then I composited him in keyshot over an image of a Dandelion field.
SculptOffFinal.jpg
I had an absolute blast! Thank you Pixologic for putting this Summit on! I hope to join you again in the future!
-ShaneO

Attachments

ShaneOWip.jpg

SculptOffFinal.jpg

:] was awesome meeting you guys
Sharing my Custom UI IMMBasicTech Brushes and Fuctifino Matcap tweaked by me but original matcap by Monte-Cristo (not sure if they still around ?)
IMM just simple tech parts used for the Mantis in the sculpt-off - hope they useful
Link

MantisZBS keep your house clean, was my entry for the Zbrush sculpt-off at the zbrush summit 2015.

MantisZBS.jpg

Mantis Quick concept.
MantisSketch.jpg

This was a loose model I presented at the summit, too show initial work flow and some tips while developing a character armor concepts.
Using Zbrush, Keyshot and Pshop I start off keeping very loose and given a quick render in KS and pass in Pshop as shown below, This is used to get a base idea to quickly see what working with the character, main shapes and forms ect, from here it will be refined and all areas will be polished as the concept gets further (some areas might completely change),
will post as I progress

ModelFirstPassConcept.jpg

I also introduce a colour pass before moving to the next phase – this can help highlight a few more areas that require work or generate
more ideas to solidify the concept. Again will show more once I am done

ModelFirstPassConceptZB.jpg

And our Pathfinder character model at Bioware Montreal… for Mass Effect Andromeda - Modeled By Herbert Lowis

Pathfinder002.jpg

Pathfinder003.jpg
Later
Foo

Attachments

ModelFirstPassConcept.jpg

Pathfinder002.jpg

Pathfinder003.jpg

Man I love to see all the exploration and such!

Hi here is some of the things I have done for the presentaion at the summit! Great work guys this is awesome! I don`t have much on the sculpt-off since I did not really prepare and I did not save the files after.

aquaman.jpg
12045799_10154320398839768_4997284377780549160_o.jpg

Attachments

aquaman.jpg

Here is the crab I made for my presentation covering the benefits of nanomesh with creature detailing. I had a blast while I was there, wish I would have had the time to meet more of the artists =( The ones I did catch up with, it was a blast seeing you all and look forward to the next time. It was a bit of a whirlwind trip for me. All the presentations are amazing and its an honor to be part of it all. Very humbling to be around talent like that.

huge tip of the hat to the Pixologic crew for such an awesome time!!!

Jason

Crab_zbrushsummit_2015.jpg

Attachments

Crab_zbrushsummit_2015.jpg

Yo yo! Jumping in a little late but wanted to share my piece and a little of the process. Thanks again to the awesome Pixologic team. Great meeting all you nutty artists too, very inspiring :slight_smile: The whole weekend was amazing…!

Sketch.JPGLantern_and_Engine.jpg
Capture01.JPGCapture02.JPG
ZBSummit_Output_and_Lineart.jpg

Final:

ZBSummit_Final_post.jpg

Attachments

Capture01.JPG

Capture02.JPG

ZBSummit_Output_and_Lineart.jpg

sweet stuff! i’m really gonna have to watch the presentations again!

Amazing job everyone! Congrats on an amazing summit!