ZBrushCentral

Zbrush keeps launching with last combined subtool

Hi

How do I stop zbrush launching from old merged subtools?!

I just want it to launch with a blank project, but lately it seems to be taking old subtools (especially when I combine a bunch into one). Its nothing huge, but id just like to be face with a blank canvas on startup

thanks for any help!
Nick

I saw a couple of reply here but they seem to have disappeared :-/. Was about to give the suggestions a shot. I remember it was to do with a z plug-in but cant remember which one :man_facepalming:

??

@nickholl

Zplugin > ZStartup Utility This may or may, not be the issue.

1 Like

thanks. Im not sure why that disappeared. I dont seem to have that in my plugins menu?

I think my issue is to do with my use go Goz - sending to blender. I just checked the folder that the subtools saved in and found 100s of old goZ meshes there! The thing is, im not sure how to stop it doing that

thanks for your help

You could clear everything in the Tool palette by clicking “R” (see image)

Then go to “Preferences > Startup” and enable “Autoload Recent Project”. Then “File >Save As” .This will start every time you start ZBrush. Providing that you havn’t altered the “DefaultZScript.txt” file.

1 Like

thanks. I installed the zstartup plugin. Looks cool! ill see if that helps me out.

I guess a new question I have is how do I stop my GoZ files being stored forever in a default folder :thinking:

I used to use GoB for Blender, but that quit working a long time ago and I could never figure out why though I suspect Widows 11 had something to do with it. So, I don’t know what your going to do there except maybe deleting the files every once in a while.

1 Like

You might want to give it a try again as it seems to be working for me. thanks for the help!

@nickholl

No, I still get Python script errors any time I try to import or export using GoB in Blender. Using GoB version 3.6.3 that came with Blender 4.1. No problems exporting out of ZBrush though. Are you on Windows 10 by any chance? What version of GoB are you using?

EDIT: May 6, 2024.

Kromar has an updated version here that fixed the problem I was having.