ZBrushCentral

ZBrush INDUSTRY SPOTLIGHT with David Bentley (12 videos)

Thank you very much for sharing these tutorials. Awesome tips and techniques. Eagerly waiting for the next parts.

Very useful techniques! Thanks for sharing! Hope to see more videos like this!

That is freaking plain “osome”!!!:slight_smile:
thanks so much David for sharing your process!

I’m just finishing up video #4, but I had to stop to say thank you to David and Pixologic. This so incredibly helpful and inspiring. The process and work flow is just as beautiful as the vehicle.

Awesome videos. Cannot wait to give this a try… Thanks man…:+1:

These are wonderful. Mr Bentley inspires with calm clear and inspiring narration. Many thanks indeed to all involved in the consideration and presentation of such superb education.

was waiting for the update, thanks.

Thanks a lot for sharing all this videos :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

this is immensely useful, thank you for the process videos.

look forward to seeing may more HS constructions

Wonderfull! :smiley: Thank you guys :smiley:

WOW this is very very usefull information, thanks a lot.

Great tutorial.
I thought so far that ZBrush is not so good for automotive modeling. But because of these videos now I know its my lack of knowledge and experience. This videos are truly inspiring, and ZBrush is a very remarkable piece of software.
Thanks for sharing!

#11 movie is outrageous… but this entire series is all great! Ending with the Micromesh is mind-boggling. The final pieces are nice to admire, but I love the journey of how you get there.
Thank you for sharing your thought processes and techniques.

This is great, I’m having trouble creating a base model. Could someone upload the soapbox3 base he used in the tutorial, I can’t seem to find it in the resources that came with my current version of Zbrush. Thanks!

Loved them all!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! :slight_smile:

Hola Gracias por los trucos…es increible lo que puede lograr con esta herramienta…amo zbrush…

It was fun to watch and get ideas. That was also a cool use of micromesh. You’re also fairly plain spoken without using excessive 3D specific terminology which can throw off people who aren’t already entrenched deeply into the world of 3D design.

I for one do not even own a standard 3D software package. I own ZBrush and 3D-Coat. Mostly because I wanted to make custom pose-able characters and re-usable props for reference or even painting over in my otherwise mostly 2D work. What can I say, I’m a traditional painter/sculptor that is also fascinated by tech. I mess around with Sketch-up if I need a building usually. I’ve tried messing around in blender, and I can do some basic things with it, but it is far from “artist friendly”, excluding the new sculpting features… obviously ZBrush inspired.

I find myself now digging a little deeper into 3D as I have become more intrigues by what I have been able to create so far. There seem to be a lot of different standards though which throws me off… knowing when it’s necessary to flip textures when switching from one app to another, what programs accept what maps etc. I’m all self taught. So I appreciate tutorials that don’t just assume a people already have a deep understanding of 3D.

Amazingly, I did know how to do most everything you demonstrated, but I got some ideas for improving my workflow. I do have one suggestion you probably already know, if you had thought about it. When you were hand masking that polygrouped section of a seat you were working on leaving the edges unmasked. It might have been faster to isolate the polygroup and shrink visible a few times before masking with ctrl+click on canvas. Like I said, I’m no master, but on the off chance you hadn’t thought of it… I learned it from some other video and it’s saved me some time. there’s also a zscript called “nicks tools” I believe that attempts to grow and shrink masks without the blur effect the standard feature causes in ZBrush. That might have worked as well. It’s nice when you want concentric masks, but not necessarily a ton of polygroups.

Basically, this is just a long winded thank you… lol

They work perfectly on my iPad and iPhone. I really enjoyed these videos and the valuable insight they give into how the car was made.

Hi David, very cool stuff. I am wondering what you used as a base mesh in video #3. In your tool palette it is named soapbox3 i believe. I am curious as to what you used to generate that base shape. I tried using a sphere and dynameshing it but it didnt quite work for me. can you explain your workflow for generating the base mesh to help get me starting on working through this awsome tutorial.

Awesome! Thanks:D