ZBrushCentral

ZBrush For Illustration DVD - Meats Meier

[[attach=22816]ArmUpgrade.jpg[/attach]]ArmUpgrade.jpg

Meats Meier and the Gnomon Workshop have released a new training DVD, and it’s a whopper! In the words of Gnomon:This two-disc set follows ZBrush master Meats Meier through the process of creating his “Arm Upgrade” illustration, from concept to final print. Designed for the artist familiar with ZBrush and its tools, this lecture provides a rare glimpse into the workflow and techniques of this accomplished artist. As Meats creates his detailed imagery, he explains his wire style and the process of using materials, layers and easy light setups. This lecture demonstrates the ease and advantages of using ZBrush’s 2.5D environment to create complex high-resolution imagery.

Click Here to be taken to the Gnomon site, where you can learn more about this new ZBrush training video, as well as the many others that they already have available.

MeatsArmThumb.jpg

Pilou

Another to add to the list for Santa. :smiley:

Thanks Aurick for the heads up.

Awesome! Meats’ first dvd was key for me … it removed a lot of the mystery from this amazing app. And this new release has come at a perfect time for me, as I’m ready to ‘up my game’. Wheeee!

Yep, I know what the w ife can get me for Christmas :slight_smile: I just hate getting underpants & socks;)

:smiley: looks very nice

Yessss GNAMM GNAMM, MindFood, learniiiiiing, Slurp, :roll_eyes:small_orange_diamond:roll_eyes:small_orange_diamond:roll_eyes:small_orange_diamond:roll_eyes:

EDIT: almost forgot “My preciousssss!!!”

That image looks totally cool… SANTA bring me this DVD!!! (like I ain’t got enough to watch already)

God damn it I got to have this DVD! Now!! This Second!!!

I saw it on the gnomon site after midnight last night and it took me an hour to wipe up the drool. Mind you getting it for xmas might be pushing it as I’ve already got the 1st meats one apparently ready to watch on xmas day. :wink: Now how fast can I geet back from the relatives? Anyone want to take a bet ?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne…

Christmas = delayed gratification.

Mine’s already ordered. :smiley:

May have to look into buying this one. It’s been a while since I used Z so I could use something to refresh the old brain.

Very cool DVD Meats! Great use of 2.5D and 3D and some awesome examples of how to use ZBrush’s 2D tool. Highly recommended guys!

My favorite was the quote, “The more I use ZBrush, the less I use Photoshop for these kinds of things.” :slight_smile: Oops, was that my marketing side coming out? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for putting this together Meats! :+1: :+1: :+1:

ryan

What’s Photoshop? :wink:

It’s a plugin for Zapplink.

My DVDs arrived yesterday without any shipping drama, and I’ve watched three of the videos now. So far, it’s a must-have resource for anyone looking to do mechanical modeling in ZBrush, and we’ve barely scratched the surface of where this is going.

Wow, thanks for posting this, Aurick!

Plug in for ZappLink, nice one, Ctrl-z! :slight_smile: And thanks for your positive review! I’ve breathed a sigh of relief about the nice reviews that it has been receiving so far…I just never know…

You guys are nice :+1:

HAHAHA I just got it yesterday. This morning I had the opportunity to look closer at it. I watched the first 2.5 Chapters. However, it’s about a 2.5D Software but has WAY more than 2.5 Chapters.

The first set of DVD’s had been bought relatively late in my ZBrush familiarisation process. So I got a few good information out of it but largely just enjoyed watching Meats work.

THIS DVD set now fits right like a glove. Pure application, but not without explanation and quick rehearsing of the underlying principles and techniques.

Meats also shows quite a few techniques I was not aware of. I will not spill the beans but I guarantie that you will look at the deformation tools in a different way.

The inclusion of all the models, pictures, and materials on the DVD makes it fun to examine and play with the techniques observed.

For me a secret dream came true… The absolutely cute and fantastic Meats Doggie, the Humasett (spelling) is included as Model as well. It’s already bouncing around in my XSI as Softbody doing all sorts of silly things…

I rate this DVD kit as a strong buy!

All thumbs up.
LemonNado:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Now I have to go back and watch more of it.

After a review like lemonnado’s how could I resist?
It’s on the way.:+1:
I think that lemonnado’s offer for refunds, if you don’t
like it ,was nice:D

My dvd should be arriving today some time! Ooooh I can’t wait! :smiley: This looks like exaclty the kind of dvd I’ve been waiting for.

I am 100% sure you will like it. I got deeper into it and it’s a pleasure. The actions are sped up. So you do not sit there waiting for meats to twist something ever so slowlyyyyyyyyy. It’s a rather fast pace.
Lemo

Woo, good ol’ UPS was at my door this afternoon! I’ve watched most of the first disc so far. Incrediblely informative for Zbrush modeling. I can’t wait to finish it after work. :smiley: