ZBrushCentral

Zbrush First Character help

hey guys, I am new to Zbrush, I am creating my first character. I made a base female and sculpted armor on it. I want to use this character for a game. So, my question is that is it ok to have the chest armor and body as a single mesh? will I have any problem rigging it? or have to separate them
here is a photo, all in green is single meshCharacterasdsa

1 Like

Hello Arnold

This would actually be the most economical and straightforward way to do it. This is more of a general animation question than a Zbrush question, and I’m not any kind of animator. But animating a mesh for a real time environment often requires using the most economical mesh possible for performance reasons, so it makes sense to eliminate overlapped geometry.

Less problem than if the mesh contained a lot of unnecessary geometry. I’m far from an expert on game animation, but the biggest problem is likely to be keeping the sections of the mesh that are supposed to be rigid from deforming too easily, and this will come down to your skill at weighting. Alas, that is a subject for your game engine or target animation software.

You’ll probably get a better answer if you asked this question on a more general forum, or one dedicated to 3d animation. Not all ZBrush users actually go on to animate their creations.

Hi @ARNOLD

Please don’t link images to another website. The odds are that before long, that link will be empty and useless and people doing searches for their problems will wonder what you are talking about. Posting your images on ZBrush Central is as easy as drag and drop. See How to post images at ZBrush Central.

I am really sorry, I am new to this website I didn’t know. Thanks for the tutorial…

Hey, thanks for the reply. I will post the question in an animation forum and update here as soon as I get an answer. Thanks again.