ZBrushCentral

Zbrush error with video and text explanation

Hello I have an error in zbrush that I’ve narrowed down to why it happens. So it’s not going to be an issue for me because I know how to circumvent it. However I’d like to point it out so that you guys at Pixologic are aware of it and can do what you have to do on your end in the event that I’m not the only person it happens to.

I’m going to post a link to my OneDrive in which i have a bandicam recording of the issue and a voice explanation of why it happens.

https://gnomonschool-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/austin_l5713_gnomon_edu/ET4hf8F-nIFPhm0w1LCGue0BtjSPmAwg2TmWuDPAR9DqMg?e=LekQOe

HYPERLINK TO VIDEO

One drive makes you wait like 10 seconds before the video pops up, so don’t worry it is there.

and here is a text explanation of the problem:

When I delete a subtool, my custom user interface disappears once i switch to a new subtool afterwards. If i then delete whatever subtool it lands on after the previous deleted subtool, zbrush will crash. You can avoid the crash by switching to a different subtool than is landed on and deleting that with no issue. As far as the user interface disappearing, one of my custom buttons is the restore custom user interface button, and luckily that one doesn’t disappear so its not a huge deal.

So if zbrush crashes after deleting a second subtool, it is because that is the subtool that was landed on. As for why the user interface disappears, I couldn’t say but it happens after deleting a subtool and then switching subtools.

Hello @AustinLove

Sorry you’re having some trouble!

Crashes need to be reported to Pixologic Support.

Thanks!