ZBrushCentral

ZBrush Core 2020 - Exporting OBJ - Error - Interface Item Not Found

Hello ZBrushCentral!

This is my first post. I just bought Zbrush Core a few days ago and I’m learning the ropes. I’ve been pulling out my hair trying to export my model to Blender. I’m getting an error if I try to export using “obj extended” I’m assuming that is the correct way to export the subtools into one obj. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

The error says

ZScript Note: Interface item could not be found.
SCRIPT: EXP_OBJ Extended_obj.zsc

ERROR: Tool:Polypaint:Colorize
IN: [Press,Tool:Polypaint: Colorize]

I have been trying to figure this out for a few hours and I really need help. Sorry if this topic has already been covered but I can’t find anything.

I tried grouping my subtools into a folder and then clicked on the gear icon to the dropdown menu and tried checking the options for polypaint on and off… neither worked. I’m at a total loss for what to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Looking forward to becoming a Zbrush master soon,

Unqle_Shawn

Hello @UnqleShawn

Sorry you’re having some trouble. Just to state up front, this is the ZBrush help forum, I’ve never used ZBrush Core, and if ZB Core functions in a different way in this regard, I wouldn’t know. This answer is based on the full ZBrush program.

Close ZBrush entirely, restart it, and in a fresh session load the DemoSoldier.ztl from the Lightbox> Tool directory (accessible via Tool> Lightbox > Tools, or by pressing the [ , ] key and navigating to it. If this doesn’t apply to ZBrush core, then use some other proven, low poly tool to test it.

Attempt to export all the visible tools via the OBJ extended format the same way you have been. If it works successfully without issue, then the tool you were previously trying to export is problematic in some way. Without a lot more information, I would have no way of even guessing the reason for this. Remember, however, that ZB Core has a max polygon per Subtool limit of 20 million polygons, and cannot perform an operation that would result in a subtool with more polygons than this.

If you get the same errors, then there is an issue with your installation, and you should contact Pixologic Support. Technical issues, crashes and error messages should always be referred to support. The other users on the community forums aren’t equipped to troubleshoot system specific technical issues with your program.

@Spyndel

Yeah, learning Zbrush Core has been a little difficult due to the limited information/support about it. I plan on buying the upgrade to ZBrush full ASAP. Anyways, thank you for your reply! I did just as you instructed and tried the DemoSoldier.ztl but got the same error. I also used primitives but that also failed. Thank you for pointing me to support, I will contact them.

I forgot to mention in my original post that I did a fresh install last night to a new directory and cleared all settings upon uninstalling. I aslo did an install under a different Windows account to see if it was a WIndows setting gone wrong but the error persists on both accounts.

Oh and I also forgot to mention the problem is the same if trying to export to an .STL too.

When I hear back from support I will update the thread.

Thanks!

@Spyndel

Small update! I found that I’m able to use the export command in the Zplugin - Print hub to export all the subtools at once individually. That is, if I uncheck the option for polypaint. Now I can import the individual subtools one by one into Blender. It isn’t ideal but it works for now.

I tried unchecking the polypaint option in the plugin and exporting via the main tool pallet but that produced the error again…

I can also use that export command to export all the subtools together into one obj but that isn’t what I need.