ZBrushCentral

zBrush BPR rendering odd lines

I have a weird issue that seems to appear at random when BPR finishes rendering. It creates odd lines throughout the entire viewport and completely obstructs my model untill I turn it around or attempt to re-render. This only happens when using BPR and no other render previews like Best or Fast etc.

Any idea what could be causing this?

http://docs.pixologic.com/reference-guide/render/bpr-filters/

No filters are active for me, everything is greyed out except F1

OS? Version of ZBrush?

Version 2021 5.1, Win 10

Same OS and Version here. Don’t have that issue…

This has happened 2/15 times with my models, and the effect sticks permanently to those two when trying to render, with or without background images turned on, or live boolean etc. Odd.

Hello @Konnestra,

Disable polypaint, and any applied textures to rule out an issue with an applied material for those tools. Polypaint can be toggled off in the Polypaint palette, or via the paintbrush icon in the Subtool entry in the Subtool palette. Render the tools only with a default ZBrush material active.

If that produces no change,restart ZBrush and use the Tool> Load Tools From Project function to load all of your tools for the ZPR in question into a completely new session. Attempt a BPR render.

If the problem disappears, then it’s an issue with your original file, probably due to a BPR filter or render setting. Those settings are saved in project files.

If the issue persists, then there may be a problem with your installation, and you will need to contact Pixologic Support.

Thank you!

The second option worked perfectly! No more lines, and I can render it without problems. Thank you tons!