ZBrushCentral

Zbrush auto delets my undo history

Hello, I encounted a very frustrating problem. Zbrush delets my undos without warning. Sometimes I do timelapse videos and I need all my history in tact, or at least a warning before it delets, so I can save the file. You can change preferences, but it can still delete 10 undos without any warning, why is this so complicated and why can’t we have a precise control over how many undos the program can or can’t delete ? I mean - I have to go back and check all the undos if they are in tact after every new stroke, this is very time consuming and impractical to say the least.

I wonder what is being removed? Are you constantly breaking something?

It delets first 10 entries of undo history, then after some time removes another 10 entries and so on. The problem is - it may or may not warn you and there is no way to know when it does what. Say you are sculpting for several hours straight and in the end you want to go back and record a movie of your process for demonstration purposes. Only then you find out that first 100 entries of undo have been removed and your video starts when your model is almost ready. So you find out you basically wasted time. The history is gone and can’t be recovered. By the way, my ram usage isn’t even that big, but zbrush still delets undos and I have zero control over this process.