ZBrushCentral

***** ZBrush 4R2b - Launched! *****

Yeah … An Upgrade with nice new features but still not running smooth on mac under Lion kind of disappointing…

:confused:

-K

i tested the update and apprantly, there is still one same bug that was not fixed : AO didn’t work when i use flat color mat… unlike zbrush 4 did work ^^;

Very smooth upgrade for me.

I don’t have the time to really get into fiber mesh at the moment, but I did some quick tests and I really like what I see. I’ve exported the fibers as an obj to render in another package and can see that this will be very useful for my illustration needs.

Here’s my question: is there a way to create a uv from root to tip so you can map hair transparency maps on the thicker fiber/poly sheets? UV master really doesn’t give me the UV’s I need and I was hoping that you could “grow” uv maps while growing the hair.

Hello

yes click on the FiberUV in the UV Map sub-palette. This will allow you to apply one texture to your fibers.

In order to get rendering on a flat material select a basic material and move the ambient all the way to 100 and turn off diffuse and specular. you will have the same result that you are looking for.

durrrrr, thanks gabo :stuck_out_tongue:

i will test in this case !

Great to see an update patch. It would be nice to get a bug list? things that might have been fixed or not. Like the Mask baking bug for example. Trying to fight with turning of the layers REC button etc

Just got my email !!!
:stuck_out_tongue:

And installed & updated without a glitch ! As Usual !

thanks Pixo

Those fibers, much better than I thought!!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thank you.
Awesomeness.
Lot of work in front, lot of testing but I already noticed that baking of masking works great already. And with great great quality.
Waiting for this new remesher, any preview, any information if possible. Please!
And yes, fibers look better than expected. And an interesting fiber modeler for exporting as well. Already made instances in blender LOL. A great tool, lot of possible uses.

Updated & activated successfully.

Some of the new things look very promising. FiberMesh will probably have a lot of uses,
and I particularly like the new Alpha surface and masking tools.

But, the only thing I really wanted from this update was bug fixes and the first one
I checked was the issue with Tool > Geometry > DynaMesh > Add, Sub & And buttons,…

and, at least on my system, they still don’t work correctly.

I don’t want to say I’m disappointed, because that seems too strong,
so how about “I’m bummed” Yup, that’s the ticket; I’m little bit bummed.

this is a great update with many new features, but just like to ask if the dynamesh has been fixed to correctly subdivide a model with frozen subdivisions and if it now recognizes parts of a mesh that you would like to have more resolution than others, like the face for example vs the body, and not have it blindly subdivide the mesh evenly throughout, creating unnecessary overly subdivided models.

As michalis said, mask baking is working and AO baking is all good too. Wasn’t working in r2.

Thank you.

Installation worked great. :+1:

Thank you Pixologic !:+1:

Updated perfectly without any hitches.

Thank you Pixo team for an extraordinary program that just gets better and better all the time.

Best wishes to all the artists out there and keep up the great work.

Paul.

First bug, haha? :cool:
Seems that the functionality of ‘GrowMask’ and ‘ShrinkMask’ is reversed?

Updated fine here too, no problems!!

Great update and the fur is just so cool to play around with, the fur styling brushes are great too. This really is another revolution in 3D image/model creation!!

You guys at Pixologic literally are from the future, can’t wait to learn more about Qremesher too! Good Luck everybody, I hope you get your update soon if you haven’t already!!

Awesome!! I can’t wait to use it. :cool: