ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R2 Beta Testing By: Marco Splash

Thanks a lot for the comments everyone! Really appreciated!

@ asecbrush: For the fingers I kept them separated far enough until I didn’t need to be in Dynamesh mode. For the armpits, I split the arms using the Slice Tool and Dynameshed it with the “Group” option on. If I would’ve need to merge back the arm once the posing is done, I would’ve put the entire mesh on the same polygroup and Dynameshed it back (it,s preferable you do that when you are done with Dynamesh).

@ Mantism: The Curve tool is pretty self explanatory once you use it! For the method on how to erase, it’s simple: Click “Store MT” in the Morph Target menu to record the state of your mesh - sculpt in some details - if you wish to erase these details (aka, returning to the previously recorded state of the mesh) use the Morph brush and brush where you want the polys to go back in place.

@ karmajf: Sorry, which piece?

@ boblenain: Nothing was retopologized! Dynamesh provides enough flexibility AND constant mesh to no have any stretching at all. It’s an effing awesome tool if you ask me.

@ LeoAMD: The turntables are entirely done in ZB4R2, no postprod. The render were retouched only to put a black fade around the canvas, put my signature and adjust the levels a bit (which could’ve been don in the Adjustment menu anyway!). Oh yeah and the random blur in the beautyshot of Charlotte was done in Photoshop also, but every other lens blur was done in Zbrush.

1 Like

Awesome work Marco!
The exovirus is stunning man! So many details!

cheers!

It was great working with you, your first piece made my girlfriend scream, so haha thanks for the laugh as well :stuck_out_tongue:

but in all seriousness, wonderful work, and great presentation

By far, this is my favorite Z4R2 beta Model! The beauty of soft curves and mechanical elegance.
Wow and bravo!

~MAH~

I already told you that but … man, I loved the work you did for this beta !
Congrats !

Excellent, stunning and clean sculpt & renders.

Charlotte looks great, if for some reason they ever remake Metropolis, Maria needs to look something like that.

She is really great Marco. Beautiful work.

;)very cool~~~

Thanks for the comments guys!

@ Framedworld: Mission accomplished then :wink:

@ Michael: That is a bold statement and I LIKE IT!

Thanks for the reply Marco Splash. I guessed it would be something simple like the morph brush. It’s hard not to be overwhelmed looking at the possibilities especially when those tools are weilded by such great artists. I love how much zbrush is breaking down the barriers between imagination & visual communication. Can’t wait to get my hands on the new release. Keep up the jaw dropping awesome :wink:

Hey Marco,

Both the Exovirus and Charlotte sculpts are superb - love the workflow tips :CurveBrush is great -> experimenting with this MO will get lots of solid great HardSurface results!!! Thanks so much for creating and sharing!

Love it, beautiful

Great designs and executions! :+1:

Thanks all! I edited the thread with an additional image to assist the video of the Curve trick!

@ Geert: The Curve tool is definitely worth experimenting with to achieve high level of cleanness and polishing!

Such Brilliant work Marco! Very detailed results I love it =D

The Robotic woman, sorry my bad :P. Anyway congrats again, amazing work ^^

man, I love the first creature! my fav part is its crazy thick tongue! great sculpting!

Charlotte Piece Just Blew My Mind :+1:
I Loved the Mechanical pieces integrated

Thanks a lot guys :slight_smile: