ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 3 Beta Images/A couple Zbrush 3 samples - Joe Lee

Joe’s tutorial looks great, i can testify to that !
When i first saw it it made me think of the work of Bas , have you seen it, i’m sure you like it !http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=30049&page=1&highlight=feathers

jantim

…models! :+1:

Joe, just read your raptor tutorial on the Wiki. Very inspirational and totally awesome! Can’t wait to try it out a bit. Very good for getting your head around the new possibilities.
Thanks so much! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

And the Hair tutorial!! super!! :grimacing:

Jantim, Thank you for your endorsement and for posting Bas Mazur’s link. He really does have some great ideas in that thread that would be worth trying in Zbrush 3. I especially liked the decobrush feather. I think he, as well as everyone else, will find ZB3 very liberating. Can’t wait to see what the community on a whole will be able to do with this wonderful application.

Frenchy Pilou, merci beaucoup. I appreciate it.

Plakkie, You are more than welcome and very kind as I am not a tutorial writer by any means. It was my hope to at least give artists a reference point on which to try their own experiments in Zbrush 3. I was really happy to see tutorial contributions made by, not only Ryan Kingslien, but fellow beta testers such as Damien Canderle, Rene Morel, Sebastien Legrain and last but not least, Francois Rimasson, who shows what a tutorial can be. Now that took some time. But what I appreciate most is the insight these guys and countless artists like them, bring to the community and inspire me, so I am happy if I can do the same for others.
Even though I have been beta testing, I am still excited for the release because there is still so much to try and learn.
It won’t be much longer.

Here is another try at an avian sculpture while we wait…

~j

I absolutly love your bird models! I cant wait to try that tutorial you have on wiki when ZB3 is out!

Well, your tutorial is inspiring at the least, and it seems easy to follow, but I will judge again when I have actually got Z3 in my hands! :lol:

The parrot is beautifull. Are you going to give it color?

I love that parrot even more than the eagle, which is saying a lot. Hope you do decide to color him.

beautiful work jelee … and mayn thanks for the tutorial also. :slight_smile:

Jelee, you are right, I can’t wait for the Mac-release. The new tools and possibilities of ZB3 are spinning around in my head. Pixologic made a great step and I am curious what the next step will be.

Bas I’m running ZB3 on my Macpro under Parallels using good old XP Pro & it works great, I couldn’t wait around here without having it myself…

Hehe, Buckie, thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds :wink:
This is not working on my G5 :cry:

[QUOTE=jelee]Jantim, Thank you for your endorsement and for posting Bas Mazur’s link. He really does have some great ideas in that thread that would be worth trying in Zbrush 3.

…Well, Bas isn’t that great Joe, but he has his moments :wink: .
Great looking scene with the parrot, and i’m still using the ZBrush3 beta, they seem to spread their e-mails in order not to break down the server !

jantim

wow i love the chocolate eagle! :wink:
i’m looking forward to the tutorial you mentioned

its already out i have to say i love that parrot sculpt really great
heres the link http://www.zbrush.info/wiki/index.php/Tutorial:_Bird_of_Prey

great works !

love the birds and thanks for sharing !

:smiley:
this is really well done this is something really nice. thank you for sharing it with us. grate work can’t wait to see what you do next.

Jelee,
Its very clear to see why you have your current position! The parrot is simply beautiful. I followed your tutorial and it was extremely helpful, it broke me into the work flow of ZB3 painlessly. Now most of the other tutorials make easy sense once I finished yours. I’d also have to say the branch that the parrot is sitting on is a great work as well. Its really an exciting time for this forum!
Cheers:+1:

very nice job with the feathers and hairs :+1:

I read and learned a lot from your eagle tutorial, thanks for making it.