ZBrushCentral

**** ZBrush 3.5R3 Tutorial Movie

There’s no really good place to say stuff like this, but I just wanted to mention, the new visibility options are awesome. It probably wouldnt be as helpful to people using unified skins, but if you work like I do and use the retopo tools to construct deliberate geometry with logical loops, the Grow, Shrink, and Outer Ring functions have all greatly speed up the rate at which I can assign and crease poly groups.

Also, while I havent found a way to use the Paint>Group Loops process to deliberate effect yet, the Auto Masking> Mask by Polygroups function is so helpful, it’s taken up a permanent spot on my main interface now.

Hello Pixologic,

Congrats.

It seems that we(MAC community ) are completely being ignored. Another Windows update has come. …Hmmmm. I could only drool over those mind blowing videos. But what is the use for us :frowning:

Please note that artists are driven by passion and don’t upset us by releasing the goodies for one and starving the other.

Please could you develop that policy of releasing Windows and Mac at the same time. This is completely UNACCEPTABLE from the POV of Mac minded people like me.

Grumblingly,
Solomon.

The polish brushes are are awesome. But now I want one that also sharpens cavities…

Thanks Pixolator & Team for R3 and the video.

R3 is really a big improvement and a good step forward, it only lacks of the GoZ-feature.
As we see in the video, ZB_R3 is now able to create also non-organical models with hard edges. Very nice.
But we also see, how long it takes for the artist to come to an almost good outline-shape of the car-model.
So my suggestion for Pixo is, why not enhance the Quicksketch-feature a lot more to use a kind of 3d-room for sketches instead of a 2d-plane, so we could simply draw a model-shape with a few outlines in 3D-Space (like spline or Nurbs-lines) and simply fill that space within the outlines with material by the click of a button or draw it out (f.e. ZSpheres etc.) The 3D-sketch-lines would act as borders, like a hull or cutting-mask.
That would reduce basic-design time a lot and avoids loosing already good areas when smoothing or changing somewhere else the surface.

I am a traditional 2D-painter and would love to work also with 3D-models in a more painter-friendly way, meaning that I can draw my outlines instead of using sculpting-derived clay-shape-techniques.

After watching this demo/tutorial…Only one word needs to be said…FANTASTIC…:+1:
Now I can once again believe that there is actually a SANTA CLAUS out there.:smiley:
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for EVERYTHING…and I hope ALL of you also have a great holiday season:+1: :slight_smile:
Glenn

Been enjoying the new polish brushes today. Thanks so much Pixologic!

Simply mindblowing :smiley:

thanks for the tutorial! This will definitely change my workflow on hard body objects forever, but i’d like to download this video directly onto my desktop. It seems like the regular video save streamer applications can’t grab this video since it is embedded in a .swf format not .flv. Can anybody let me know how to download this video?

I had no problems using DownloadHelper in Firefox

Sammy!!

Holy ***! The new Mirror Weld mirrors polygroups and creasing from side to side. Creasing!

grabs the nearest person

Do you know how long Ive wanted to be able to Mirror Creasing in Zbrush???

Between this and the new visibility options, polygroup assignment for modeling in Zbrush just go a lot more practical.

Thank you for this.

lol, I’d only just noticed the visibility controls! They’re fantastic for isolating tricky groups. Maybe they can be made to incorporate masking too. (Hang, on, maybe that’s what HidePt is doing there, I gotta go try that with my new wheels!).

wow. 1000 times thank you.

"
Aaaagh! This video is un-watchable. It buffers every thirty seconds, and I’m on a 10Mb/s cable connection. Are there any other places to view it, or a direct download somewhere?
The buffering is due to high number of simultaneous connections to the server. I recommend that you click to begin playback and then press the pause button, wait for the movie to fully download and then play it without interruptions."

For some odd reason, I can NEVER watch any videos (be they the tutorial videos or these showcase ones) from the zbc website using either Firefox or IE on my home computer. My work machine (same exact specs) has no problems at all. In the future it would be nice if there were alternate viewing methods for the community just in case situations like this spring up. Releasing the videos as a torrent is one of many possible solutions available.

There is a zbrush youtube channel that has pretty much on it.
It would be nice to have all the videos uploaded there.

Would you happen to have the link to the zbrush youtube channel you mentioned?? Download Helper doesn’t even even download this vid for me. It gets queued up but idles and eventually times out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Zbrush3Dinfo

P.S. This is not an official Pixologic channel but it has the latest R3 release movie - cut to ~10 minutes. The best place to watch the R3 movie are here in ZBC, or in www.Pixologic.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZBRUSHatPIXOLOGIC
And heres another one. Is this one outdated?

This is one of the channels. You can find many ZBrush movies in services such as youtube and veoh.

Am I the only that cant see this video? It plays the first 5 secs then freezes.
There was a download link that disappeared when I was 97.9% done. Can someone who managed to download it upload it somewhere. Or better still Pixo, stick a link back up.

Thanks

Martin added the download link to the first post:)