ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2021 appears to lock the command key after pressing a certain key combination

Ever since the Brush 2021 update shortly after starting ZBrush with a Wacom tablet enabled (I can’t reproduce it without the Wacom) if I hit certain key combinations (namely the command + option + shift or control + option + shift) the command key acts like it’s being pressed down, and it doesn’t stop. I have to restart the entire machine because it affects applications outside of ZBrush.

I can only get this to trigger from within ZBrush, no other app triggers this and it only started happening right after ZBrush 2021 was installed. If I revert to my old ZBrush 2020 the problem now happens there too. I’m guessing maybe some kind of shared accessibility setting got changed for the shortcut keys (ZBrush also doesn’t ask for input monitoring I’ve noticed, most other apps using a Wacom do.)

My system specs are as follows:
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
MacBookPro16,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Memory: 64 GB

Wacom Intuos Pro PTH-660 (latest drivers)

Hello @chrono1081

Sorry you’re having some trouble.

If you have a repeatable technical issue with Zbrush, this needs to be reported to Pixologic Support. This may, however, be an issue that needs to be addressed by Wacom. The community boards in either case won’t be able to assist you.

Good luck!

Thanks!

After a lot of messing around I was able to reproduce this in another application too (Affinity Photo), it’s definitely on Wacoms end. I don’t want to get my hopes up just yet but I reinstalled the previously released driver (Driver 6.3.91-1) and so far the issue seems to be gone.

Others will likely run into the issue if they’re on a Mac and have the latest Wacom driver. I contacted Wacom to let them know their driver has issues.

Useful info. Thanks for keeping us informed!

I am having this exact issue as well. Thanks for isolating it to the Wacom driver. I’ll reinstall the previous driver.

1 Like