ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2020 Hotkeys Left and Right Tray not working

Hi,
I loaded in ZB 2020 my custom ZB 2019.1.2 UI and Hotkeys configuration , UI looks ok but Hotkeys assigned to right tray (to hide or show it gave me an error).
So I uninstall ZB2020, reinstall it (and this time leaving all the default settings) Ctrl+Alt to assign custom hotkeys to the tray separators (left and right).
It says “successfully assigned” but when pressing the hotkeys doesn’t collapse the trays at all.
Can you help?

Thank you
Ed

Hi @3dEd!

Important to specify OS when reporting issues around a new release.

There are a couple issues here.

1. On Windows, in zb2020, I can verify an issue with the Right Tray button in the Macros menu. It does not function, and returns an error message when used even when pressing it directly. The left tray button functions normally with the assigned hotkey.
  • This would need to be reported to Pixologic Support via ticket. This is just a community forum. You would need to get this report into the hands of someone that actually fixes bugs for the program.
  1. It is, generally speaking, a poor idea to port forward UI or keys from an obsolete version of the program. They were supposedly working on features to make this easier and more reliable to do, but I don’t know if that applies yet to this version. Things change between releases, keys may reference different functions, and it is just generally asking for weird issues to recycle a UI.
1 Like

Hi 3DED,

I’m using the following macros for this and they continue to work in 2020 without problems. If I remember correctly they’re from Joseph Drust’s tutorial.

Both trays:

//ZBRUSH MACRO - Recorded in ZBrush version 4.8
[IButton,???,“Press to run this macro. Macros can be aborted by pressing the ëescí key.”,
[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.8]
[IClick,1000]
[IClick,1001]
]

Left tray:

[IButton,???,“Press to run this macro. Macros can be aborted by pressing the ëescí key.”,
[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.8]
[IClick,1000]
]

Right tray:

[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.8]
[IClick,1001]
]

The only caveat with these is you can’t press them rapidly in succession, you need to wait like half a second between presses.
Still should do the job as a workaround.

cheers
Rafal
(PS: I get the same bug with the default macros)

1 Like

Thanks for those, @RafalZ!

Hi Spyndel,
thanks for answering my question. I’ve submitted a ticket already. I can confirm that error using a custom hotkey for the right tray.

NB: Sorry about that, my OS is Windows 10.

Thank you RafalZ!

Spyndel, 3ded
You’re most welcome. :slight_smile:

Here’s a revision of the Right Tray macro that will work. From the ZBrush 2020\ZStartup\Macros\Misc folder, open the “Tray Right.txt” in NotePad and replace the whole thing with the code below. Save the file and press Macro>Reload All Macros or restart ZBrush.

/* 
	Toggles the Right Tray Open or Closed
*/

/////////////////////////////////////////
// User Changeable Options ///////////////

[RoutineDef,RightTrayToggle,

[If,[IHPos,1001,1]<[IHPos,<Colors,1],
		//Tray is Open keep using IClicks till it Closes
		[Loop,5,
			[If,[IHPos,1001,1]<[IHPos,<Colors,1],
				[IClick,1001]
				[LoopExit]
			]
		]
		//Tray is Closed Keep using IClicks till it Opens
		[Loop,5,
			[If,[IHPos,1001,1]>[IHPos,<Colors,1],
				[IClick,1001]
				[LoopExit]
			]
		]
	]

]//Routine RightTrayToggle

[IButton,???,"Toggles the Right Tray Open or Closed.",
	[IShowActions,0]
	[IConfig,2020]
	//[IFreeze,
		[RoutineCall,RightTrayToggle]
	//]
,,1/2,,,]

HTH,
Marcus

2 Likes

Thank you Marcus!

You come to the rescue as usual.

cheers
Rafal

Thank you very much for your support Marcus!

ZBTrays ZBTraysMacro

After pasting the code provided by Marcus in Tray Right.txt my custom hotkeys from 2019.1.2 now are working ok.

Thanks again!
Ed