ZBrushCentral

Zbrush 2020 - (ERROR : remeshing error encountered. remeshing aborted)

zremesher does not work with freeze border in zbrush 2020. (ERROR : remeshing error encountered. remeshing aborted)

I tried to install zbrush again.

I tried to solve with Troubleshoot Help folder. (vcredist_2017_x64.exe)(vcredist_2013_x64.exe) but i does not work.

Any idea how to fix it? thanks!

Screenshot_1|385x97

Hello @Joan_BG!

The new ZRemesher mode will return this error if you attempt to use Freeze Border on a closed mesh with no holes. The Legacy Mode does not do this.

I’m unaware if this is a bug or some more legitimate difference between the way the two modes work, but this wouldn’t impair the most common use of this option, which is to preserve the vertex position around the opening of a mesh that must match the opening of another hidden or unwelded mesh portion. So hide or split off a portion of your mesh if this describes your situation, and it should work.

Note: bugs need to be reported to Pixologic Support in order to receive technical attention. This is just the community forum.

If this doesn’t describe your situation, there are a number of things that might cause a ZRemesher operation to fail–problematic geometry, problematic polycount, problematic settings. It would be best to get a look at an un-cropped screenshot of the model in Zbrush, with the interface, point/poly count, and Zremesher settings visible.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. your answer is very useful

1 Like