ZBrushCentral

Z4 Beta Testing By: Yiannis Tyropolis

ZanCyborg - glad you like him! stay tuned for more information, it’s so cool that we are a community around the globe, I’m from Greece by the way.

Disco Stu - Thank you very much! MDGeist - Thanks for the feeback! cherub_rock - Glad you like him so much. This is first "pass" of the breakdown, I 'll be more specific in the future... RockinAkin - Thank you very much!, stay tuned arsalanali - You 're welcome, good thought to try with my passes! I noticed that in the backscattering pass, I accidentally posted the side view of the character:D, stay tuned for more details. memania44 - Thanks! wait for the tips, davidness - Thank you very much! Jakyll - Happy to able to inspire you

…and some more

<!--[attach=209772]AllStylesFinalCompHighResParts.jpg[/attach]--> <!--[attach=209771]AllStylesFinalComp_05.jpg[/attach]-->

wow! really nice result! struggling to get a decent result with the SSS…would be awesome if you could do an indepth tut on how you get this result (with settigns etc…)
i think you got teh best render result in all the beta pics posted so far!
and sculpt looks awesome too, well done!

Great style! Love it!

I too would love it if you shared your settings.

yiannis, may we see the UV mesh of the shirt & pants?

Gr8… :slight_smile: :+1:

Awesome! Thank you for sharing workflow.

Fantastic character! love the personality and the feeling on his eyes it will be sensational to see it animated, will be a total success!

Love the hands. Good work indeed.:+1:

I love this character… it’s awesome!
Also the modeling and the presentetion it’s outstanding

I love this character.

Could you please tell how you did the textures on the Pants and shirt. More specific, How did you create the little bump details on the pants and shirt. The pants look so great. Did you use Mask by Alpha, from a desaturated color map form the pants Color texture?

I love the look you got here. Passes do always give more freedom and more controllable results.

Could you please share your Shake tree and or the Photoshop equivalent?

abe_Tamazir - Thank you very much! wait for more…
evillair - Thank you!, see above
3dassets - Do you mean the wireframe? cause there no uvs!
sculptor.zb - Glad you like it!
eof3D - happy to help!
manzarek123 - Many thanks!He probaby end like him
KMaddix - I like the hands too:)Tnanks!
guti - Glad you like him!
daugaard47 - for the highFrequency details, I polypainted using Lightbox, and I masked by intensity.
Madam Yes - Thank you very much, there you are!

I like to paint, but I hate to comp in Photoshop, although if there is a good reason...I replicated the comp in Ps to have the same result and flexibility as in Shake, for you:)! These are The ZB4 BPR Passes <span class="grey"><!--[attach=210270]PassesBreakdown_a.jpg[/attach]--> </span></span><span class="grey"><!--[attach=210272]PassesBreakdown_b.jpg[/attach]--> </span></span><span class="grey"><!--[attach=210274]PassesBreakdown_c.jpg[/attach]--> </span></span> and this the Ps breakdown </span><span class="grey">

about the comp…

A</span> is the Upper Hiera</span>rchy<span class="grey">, a Masks group, a diffuseLighting group, spec Reflection group, an SSS group and a Fresnel group, you can see the blending modes. B is the middle hierarchy Masks - these are all the masks of the different objects .With the ChannelsA/B/C you can separate every object, for example if you combine the green channel of the Channel Matte A an the green channel of the Channel Matte B you have the shirt. Diffuse Lighting - these are the most important groups. You can control the lighting ratio by changing their opacity. </span></span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey">Spec Reflection - these control the different specular reflectivity of every object. </span></span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey">SubsurfaceScattering<span class="grey">- you can see the objects that have this effect, by the name of the groups, every object has different intensity. Fresnel<span class="grey"> - these groups control the different diffuse lighting reflection at the edges of the objects. You can see the color correction at the top of the hierarchy, that changes the hue, the same for every object. C. is the lower hierarchy. every object masked. </span></span></span></span></span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey">Diffuse Lighting Subgroup - every group the </span></span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey">contains the equivalent Light pass,multiplied by the Color pass, if there is color Balance adjustment layer is to control the hue of the light itself, like changing the color in the ZB Lights sub palette (It's not supported by BPR). </span></span></span></span></span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey">Spec Reflection Subgroup - <span class="grey">every group contains</span></span></span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey"> the Reflection pass multiplied by the Ambient Lighting- occlusion pass. </span></span></span></span></span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey">SubsurfaceScattering Subgroup <span class="grey">- every group contains the Front Scattering pass color corrected(color balance) screened by the BackScattering pass. Gamma corrected(levels) and intensity corrected( layer opacity).</span></span></span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey"> </span></span></span></span></span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey">Fresnel<span class="grey"> Subgroup - every group contains the Fresnel pass multiplied by the </span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey">Ambient Lighting- occlusion pass</span></span></span></span></span></span></span>. I 'd like to point, that renders with Sss, Ao, and Shadow need to change when you Scale-Frame the tool in a document, so whenever you change resolution and framing you have to change settings. Also the subpixel quality varies the result beside the antialising. *whenever you don't see a blending mode, means it's the same as above <span class="grey">I really hope you 'll find it useful;) </span> <span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey"><span class="grey"> </span></span></span> </span></span></span> </span> <span class="grey"><span class="grey"> </span></span></span><span class="grey"><span class="grey"> </span> </span></span>

wow thank you!

Fantastic tutorial you’ve put together here!

sir can u plzzzzzz plzzzzzz make a video tutorial of this is will be very very kind of u ,i know im am very demanding (must be irratating u )but still im a student, in phase of learning ,im learning this software on my one there is no one to help me … sir plzz do me a favor and plzz make a video tut of this

arsalanali, as student you don’t need to go too deep into the render pass except the basic color, mask and sss.

yiannis t, you are using AUV map? My particular interest is UV mapping.
I wonder why you need the items separated in your photoshop comb which is why confusing to those who are not production savvy. I did a lot of RGB to CMYK enhancement with my renders and keep to a few simple work flow.

What most people would expect is a few simple settings of sss, Ao, shadows to the image size ratio as explained by Pixolator. Anyway thank you for taking the effort to share.

no no sir ur taking me wrong i want to learn how to do stuff …

Just to inform that in my previous post there is Ps breakdown that many requested!

This is a fantastic breakdown, and a very well done character concept sketch, nice sculpt, (cool that you kept the handmade clay feel), and then an impressive render. An incredible demonstration on some of the new ZB4 features. Congratulations, he has a lot of character just standing there, imagine when you start posing him!
Keep up the excellent work and art Yiannis, I am very encouraged to see more.
Thanks,
Keridan

Nice. Thanks!