ZBrushCentral

Z4 Beta Testing By: Frederik Storm

@Carcaryas
Thank you :wink:

@Hanska
Thanks man, super glad you like it :slight_smile:

Dude fantastic work, your style is very great, congrats :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Good sense of shape and design into your characters. You also have a keen eye for composition which is great.

I’m kinda new to zbrush and I watched a few of your videos on how you approach hard surface modeling. I was wondering if you could answer a few beginner questions?

• What’s the “line-cutting” tool you keep on using for trimming off hard edges? You used it a lot on your wrench/hammer for the rhino. There was also a circle cutting tool I believe. They seem very practical when doing hard objects.

• You were adding holes for screws all around the radius of the handle. Is there an option like the symmetry to activate this?

• You sculpted the rhino visor/glasses out of a box it seemed. Is there a name for that kind of technique? Maybe a tutorial out there?

Thanks for sharing all your knowledge!

A.

@acote
Hey man, thanks for the kind words :wink:

“- What’s the “line-cutting” tool you keep on using for trimming off hard edges? You used it a lot on your wrench/hammer for the rhino. There was also a circle cutting tool I believe. They seem very practical when doing hard objects.”

That would be the clipping brushes, you find them if you hit B on your keyboard.
There are a couple of them, clipCircle, clipCircleCenter, clipCurve and ClipRect.

"- You were adding holes for screws all around the radius of the handle. Is there an option like the symmetry to activate this? "

Yeah there is a thing called radial symmetry. Transform -> Activate symmetry -> and check the ( R ).

“- You sculpted the rhino visor/glasses out of a box it seemed. Is there a name for that kind of technique? Maybe a tutorial out there?”

I don’t really think so, I think you’ll be able to figure it out if you play around with clipping brushes. There are tutorials for the clipping brushes on pixologic.com

Hope that answers your questions :wink:

Hi Frederik.
I want to thank you for posting all this work/art and information. You have a nice combination of organic and mechanical. One doesn’t overpower the other. Also, is very helpful that you posted all these in-progress animations. It is great seeing how to take advantage of ZB4 seeing how you manipulate the tools.

I wonder what you have been up to lately. I would imagine you have new models that you are working on.:+1:

Thanks again.

Thanks mate, I’m really glad you think so :wink: And you are more than welcome.
I got lots of things going, you can always take a look at my blog: http://frederik-storm.blogspot.com/ or my sketchbook here at the site: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?p=840709#post840709