ZBrushCentral

young adult female (nudity)

Johannes… becasue you asked so nicely… also… your post totally made my day btw… best constructive crits I’ve ever had in my whole life also… u must be a damn good teacher lol… here is something I spent 20 mins on… been fixing comp this whole time cry almost lost everything crys again
[attach=72553]1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=72554]2.jpg[/attach]
[attach=72555]3.jpg[/attach]
[attach=72556]4.jpg[/attach]
[attach=72557]5.jpg[/attach]

I’m building this for my showreel… upgrading myself hehe…:slight_smile:

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Can’t wait to get a decent PC so I do HD modeling, the paintwork on her body is very well done.

looking forward to seeing her finished. :D:+1:

HD modeling… naw man… a basic system can do work to this lvl :slight_smile:
this model is setup for games haha. UT3 engine can easly handle this :slight_smile:

I guess I just find it hard to believe that ZB is so powerful! it’s an amazing system. I’m a computer programmer and when I try and get my head around the code they must use to make ZBrush I start to whimper.

Even so this is good work and I hope to produce something this good one day. ;):+1:

honistally dude… it wont take long before u can do this kinda work. as someone who understands programing… belive u me… my brain melts at zbrush also.

(secret between you and me, this is my first zbrush model haha)

heres an eyeball I made for my charecter

eyeball.jpg

I’m not happy with the head yet. once it’s a tad better… I’ll upload that also :slight_smile:

Hi Alex,

Beautiful eyeball!! :+1:
And great model so far too!!!

I’m striving to do something like that, but came to a not so looking good eyeball: can you please explain how you did it? Did you used some texture maps?

Thanks,

camillo (Luca)

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/tutorials.html 3rd one down is the tutorial I followed. I changed things around a bit however. the iris texture was half handpainted and the viens are entirely painteffect generated. just tweaked roots :slight_smile: I also did’nt bother doing his end steps for the spec highlight on the eye as I only needed one that would react to the real enviroment I put her in :slight_smile:

shuuuush don’t tell anyone
Steps to be completed

• Learn Subserface Scattering (got that covered)
  • Figure out how to paint spec map in zb3 (help please
  • same as above for subdermals (help please)
  • figure out whats wrong with my generated normal maps (crys*
  • HAIR!.. for the love of god… someone help me haha (begs)

and now… for the treat

fullBody.jpg

please… whack me with crits :slight_smile:

some clothing maybe?. :wink:

strict9: following by yer name… my reply is… NEVER!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

but seriously… once I have all these other things done… I will build the clothes… kinda like what the major wears in ghost in the shell :slight_smile:

Ah! Ghost in the Shell, Manga’s second greatest film, until number 2 came out. have you seen number 2 yet? It messes with ya head! Very blade runner meets akira.

Anyhow, back to your work. Great job on her. Her proportions are… ahem… well done. ;):+1:

Hi!,

Really nice continuation on the project. Is there any chance we could see closeups of the face? On the spec maps and stuff, are you referring to inside ZB or in a 3rd party software? The hitch in ZB is that I don't believe there is any way to get a map controlling a channel, it seems kind of all based on the base value of the shading attribute modified by the curve for that trait. This does give more control than one might expect but it is not generally as precise as might be found in Maya, Xsi etc. The real trick is that matcaps also have limits on how much you can art direct them (it's pretty much back to doing another matcap again. I personally find that the modifiers that are included as controls for post matcap fine tuning are a bit iffy) but there is a fun trick you can use to combine a matcap with a standard material - you just copy each shader (not material) and then paste them into the S1 and S2 slots of the doubleshader material and then start tweaking some more. This still doesn't get you full control over how spec (or any thing else) but it gets you suprisingly far. On hair, that goes back to where the final output occurs, if you are in any of the highend packages (Max, Maya, Xsi, Lightwave and several others) then there are specific work flows for each (I find that both Shave and a Hair Cut and the built in Maya Hair render beautifully with Mental Ray but the internal hair system is a lot harder to tweak in the Maya "basic" renderer) but the results are pretty amazing in all of the programs, but if you are staying in ZB then things get harder. The way I personally like to go is very much the approach taken in classical sculpture (a great example is Michelangelo's David) where the idea seems to be focussing on the primary and secondary masses of the hair to create a "feel" rather than a "photo-real" look, and then individual strands are worked in as details in specific areas to help bolster the suggestion of detail through out. I have seen some people using the fiber brush, but it seems a bit tricky to control and style the hair. I vaguely remember someone doing a tutorial in the tutorials section of ZBC recently that mentioned using the fiber brush for hair styling so it may be worth a quick search. As always, really nice work. Hope to see more!

Johannes

I should have been a bit more specific :slight_smile:

the software I use at the moment is Maya / Zbrush 3.1 / Photoshop CS3
my goal is to render out in Maya for games and production

some close ups now.
[attach=73323]face4.jpg[/attach]
[attach=73324]face1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=73325]face2.jpg[/attach]
[attach=73326]face3.jpg[/attach]

areas that I need help with are the lips and eyelids.
technically. I need advice on making the best UV map and how to get normal maps to export correctally for maya and how to paint the spec map and subdermal map. I plan on using a SSS shader and building a custem cgs shader for the realtime views. my base mesh is 17 k for the realtime stuff. 9 million for high res. I’ll need to build a displacment map for that >.< o wow… so much more to do hehe… loving it!

Attachments

face4.jpg

face1.jpg

face2.jpg

face3.jpg

I feel like I’m spamming… but this is my thred and these were requested lol :slight_smile:

Fullbody1.jpg
ok… no more spam from me for a day or 2 >.< work work! (orc peon voice)

Attachments

Fullbody2.jpg

Fullbody3.jpg

Fullbody4.jpg

Hey, good to see your keeing at it.

A few things that I think may need some tweaking are on the head area.

First it would be better to view the mesh with no texture on it, say a flat basic material.

The nose needs redefining, a little more inflation towards the front of the nasal area and smoothed out around the crease. Hard to tell because the texture is hiding the detail but, the upper lips at their peek looks as if its lost its edge. The lower lip has lost some of its mass through the center.

As a observation on some refference photos I have, the ear lope is normaly in the line or below the bottom of the nose, athough eveyone is difference in this area to some repect, my personal prefference would be to lower it a little.

Hope this helps.:+1:

Johannes: first of all. let me say you rock! I’ve tried to follow your advice as much as I can :slight_smile: I hope I’ve improved apon the areas you sugested.

Tez: thankyou for the crits. those areas were bothering me also so I had a whack at them for a bit :slight_smile:

I’m not gona do the face for a bit so I’ll be doing clothes for the next day or 2. please give me more crits :slight_smile:
face5.jpg
P.S I’m aware she no longer has any eyelashs. they were causing zb3 to have a breakdown on me for some bizare reason so I removed them.

some clothes :o
clothes1.jpg
still working on them. this is just to show there basic shape :evil:

Hi, i think she’s coming along quite nicely - some suggestions:

• Widen her hips and shoulders - otherwise she seems more of a young teenager with those proportions.

• Her back doesn’t curve out as it should - the deepest point “in” is at the midsection, it curves “out” completely at nipple height.

• For all natural skin/fat simulation suggest gravity. The impact of it is stronger the older the person is. Some of the areas where you could apply it are: her face, neck, breasts, stomach, hips/butt, etc.

• Work on her face some more - you seem to be missing a few of the muscles and shapes of the face that would form her expression.

• Neck and ears could be refined further.

• The iris is too wide and not blurry enough.

The last suggestion is more of a general workflow one - try to find as much reference on the subject as you can that would clearly show every sinlge thing that you would model or texture - several angles each preferably. Then study them against your model as you progress, comparing them at the level of pixel shades if you must. That goes not only for complicated things, but for simplest of things that you may see every day as well.

Hope that helps,

Alex.

I looked into the back area and the overall torso of my char. I find the back to be quite correct on my model when looking at the referance photos I am using for it. I think alot of these things are now preferance and observations under different lighting setups. I have however redone the stomich and ribs somewhat. gave her a slightly younger fitter body. the old one did’nt quite fit right. now she does :slight_smile:

clothes5.jpg