ZBrushCentral

Xtractor brushes, how can I create a higher res Alpha?

Hi

Im finding that the eXtractor brushes Alpha creation at 128 x 128 is not large enough to hold high enough detail, how can I get it to make a higher res Alpha?

Thanks, Dan

I just got the new tools this week same as you, but there is no indication in the documentation for the Xtractor brushes that you can do this. It seems to happen automatically.

It’s important to sufficiently subdivide your mesh. I don’t have any problem capturing detail, but there is a lot distortion around that detail. I got rid of the worst of this by disabling the “Roll” feature in the Stroke menu.

I was surprised that there was no option to increase the Alpha texture resolution. The kind of details I’m capturing are on a high-level mesh. 128 x 128 is not a big enough texture size to capture high-quality skin detail. The XYZ All faces Alphas are just over 3k each so I would say that at least an option to make a 1k alpha would be needed.

Its a great feature and a step in the right direction,

Dan

The alpha size changes with however much area you “sample”. It’s not fixed. Be sure to read that documentation.

I found it. The livesteam was just on this topic so I asked there. In the Alpha once the G key is pressed the Alpha Menu the Width slider is there, it can go up to 1k.

Thanks, Dan

Yup, just figured that out myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, make sure you turn off Sculptris Pro before applying the Xtracted alpha, or the result will be stretched / malformed.

1 Like