ZBrushCentral

XGoZ plugin – Single Click Softimage to Zbrush to Softimage - Update

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?163680-Damn-what-about-the-goz-for-softimage-!

See all the answers i got. I hate max and maya, and this convinced me stopping 3d, because i have absolutely no pleasure working like that.

i think this plugin used to work, recently i’m only achieving sporadic success, some times one of my sub tools comes through with its colour/disp/norm and the geom approx set up but generally all its doing is importing the objs

I’m using softimage 2012 64bit windows 7 and Zbrush 4R2

I work in a department with about 30 Autodesk suits - this means we can use Maya or Soft and we also have mud box thrown in, one of the biggest criticisms of Zbrush here is that its hard to get your work into Softimage.
as an ambasador for Zbrush i’m finding it hard to fight my corner, (i’ll die trying)
please can we have a reliable GoZ for softimage?

it’s so tedious to set up change range nodes and geometry approximation for 20 sub tools, and people here keep playing around with MB, so far no one has got it working but when they do I might find it hard to justify Zbrush out of the budget

is there any news out there on a solution?

Looks like something I should try out. This should work for Mod Tool 7.5 as well, correct?

EDIT: All righty, had a go at this plugin, and I did this in both directions using a sphere primitive. And this plugin did what it was supposed to, and I’m happy to tell you that this plugin does indeed work flawlessly between XSI Mod Tool and Zbrush 4R2b. The import of the sphere went in smoothly, and I was able to sculpt into it quite well…then I re-exported it out of Zbrush, and imported it back into Mod Tool, and boom, the sculpted additions were visible inside of XSI Mod Tool. Congrats on this plugin, and this will certainly make for a wonderful pipeline now!

it’s possible to keep the crease mesh ? from softimage for goZ

Hi,
I was just wondering if you have an updated version for Zbrush 4R7 x64bit version of XgoZ or regular GoZ. I find the outdated ones posted on 2012 i believe, that i am using has a lot of problems and crashes and it doesn’t matter if i use zbrush 32 bit either. Some problems include,

• Multiple subtool export from Xsi to GoZ won’t work, even though importing works
  • Broken subtool connections: exporting obj from xsi to zbrush using goz sometimes doesn’t replace the connected subtool and instead will make its own new subtool with no subdivisions preserved.

Again, I am willing to purchase the plugin if you can continue making updated scripts. Thank you for your work.