ZBrushCentral

Wrong scale during export

Hi everyone ! Hope you’are enjoying your summer !
Today I had an hard time with my highpoly model.
Don’t know why but this is the first time when I exported my highpoly model, the scale is slightly higher than the lowpoly. That’s cause me wrong normal map during the bake in marmoset.
Have you an idea what I need to check for keep my scale right during export ?
I read somewhere that I need to bake my layers before export, I tried, it didn’t change anything…

Have a good day :upside_down_face:

Hi @BrunoNM
Can you tell me if both high and low poly are exported from ZBrush or the low poly has been exported from a different application ?
so if, yes can you check the value for X /Y/ Z Size under Tool: Geometry : Size.
Probably you can reuse the scale from one mesh and copy the value to the other mesh.

But and it make sense a low polygon model will always be a bit smaller that a high poly model which has more relief and that relief contribute the make varying the scale on every axis.

Hope it helps,
Nicolas

Thank you Nicolas !

The lowpoly model came from 3ds max, imported into Zbrush for the highpoly.
Something weird happened…
I tried to re-import into Zbrush my lowpoly into Zbrush for check the size, and I noticed my lowpoly wasn’t at the same position as my highpoly…

There is an issue during my export from 3ds max maybe…

The highpoly modeled sculpted is
X 0.24371
Y 0.22654
Z 0.2484

The lowpoly model re-imported is
X 2.25182
Y 2.09382
Z 2.24642
Not the same size but we cannot compare cause of the weird scale and position which happened today…

I tried to copy paste values from the re-imported model to the highpoly finished model.
I can’t have the sames values, because modified one of these value change others X,Y,Z or XYZ size.
And the object is not at the same place than the re-imported model.
I don’t think anymore there is a scale issue during export.

I have no idea what I did to change the scale and the position of the object during the sculpt pass.

I think I will redo the work.
But I hope to understand my mistake… :cry: