ZBrushCentral

Work in progress: full-body character/creature modeling...

Aw, I missed that thread… :frowning: Still I thought I had a knack for finding buggy work arounds. :wink:

Accidentally duplicating an arm on a zsphere figure was the best I could manage; I still have the four armed figure. Lol. :slight_smile:

Great work Pixolator !!! Great !!! :smiley: :+1:

Impressive modelling there Pixolator, hope you can squeeze some time in to texture him up :cool:

BTW, although Pix may be road testing a some new features here, the comments suggesting that it’s impossible to achieve a clean mesh like that in the current version, is not the case. It is actually possible -just with some careful Zif positioning and a bit of point tweaking to the mesh, when it’s in a low res adaptive skin mode(before it’s divided for detailing etc). :slight_smile:

I, too, would like to see a textured version of this character. What’s here, is amazing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> GRUB: BTW, although Pix may be road testing a some new features here, the comments suggesting that it’s impossible to achieve a clean mesh like that in the current version, is not the case. It is actually possible -just with some careful Zif positioning and a bit of point tweaking to the mesh, when it’s in a low res adaptive skin mode(before it’s divided for detailing etc). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While technically true, to get hands that look like that from an adaptive skin, you would have to spend HOURS and HOURS of time with a size 0 tool tweaking all those vertex locations.

It would be nice if Pix could just tell us if it’s an effect of the unreleased version, and if it’s not then clearly someone at Pixologic needs to write some tutorials on how to get poly arrangements like this from V 1.55.

I’d also love to see the skin immediately after skinning is performed before any other modeling/sculpting is done.

Shockingly great work! It this is a new feature, it shows much promise. If it’s using 1.5, please post a tutorial of making something like this with 1.6!

The ears’ dog man :slight_smile:
Pilou

Hey, Pix actually shows how in MTB’s recent thread, check it out… :slight_smile:
Pixolator’s clean mesh info
Edit- Also, Pusghetty did a cool easy hand method on that thread too.

hi Pixo
The ears’ dog man :slight_smile:
Pilou
An amazing thing : The Zsphere model (not the skinning) is the perfect copy of a french comic personnage (I shall post it as I refound it) If you don’t take it for inspiration you will be surprise :slight_smile:
And the second is of course the transfiguration from Zmodel to the final result !
It’s magic !

Thanks for your kind feedback :slight_smile:
As for the model… It was indeed done with (a enhanced by) the in-development version of ZBrush but - as Grub wrote - this kind of mesh can be created in version 1.55b by careful placement of ZSpheres and low resolution skin tweaking. (Grub also posted images of such ZSphere configurations. see this, this
and this)

You may want to download the full-body ZSphere posted earlier in this thread and try the following process.

1. Tweak the placement of ZSpheres to your liking (move, add,remove) and generate an Adaptive-skin at mesh resolution of 1.
  2. Draw the skin mesh in canvas, enter edit mode, activate symmetry, set brush size to 1 and activate Move edit mode. Move base mesh points to tweak the shape of the mesh.
  3. Subdivide and smooth the mesh. Continue to refine the shape of the mesh. (this will be a good stage to look at the hand and tweak the shape, such as adjusting finger-tip polygons to allow for nails when the object is further subdivided.)
  4. Subdivide and smooth the mesh. continue to refine the shape of the mesh. repeat as needed.

Hope this helps,
-Pixolator

lol…I didn’t mean to get anything started. I just noticed that the mesh looked different than that currently generated in 1.55b and I was unsure if it was due to 1.6 tweaks or due to Pix’s masterful editing. Yes you can duplicate this type of model in 1.55b as has been demonstrated by a number of people (myself included). It just takes a little patience and some modicum of trial and error sometimes. It does get easier though the more you practice, trust me. Thanks Pix!!

You are absolutely correct Mentat :slight_smile: The mesh is a bit different and new/enhanced features of the next ZBrush release (which is a free upgrade to registered users) do make the process easier by allowing for more control over the mesh-topology and resolution. Further more, as you have shown, ‘practice’ is an important ingredient! - luckily, there is an infinite supply of ZSpheres to practice with (otherwise, I would have run out of ZSpheres long time ago :)).

Once again Pix, Thank you. I would like to think that the unpublished practice I have had has paid off in my creature Wip. Though after seeing this and many others before…I still need tons of practice. Thanks for the inspiration and information. It keeps me going when the model seems to be a little unforgiving. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Fantastic modeling and character design Ofer! Very inspirational work!
Bizarre and wonderful!
I posted a set of raw Zscripts illustrating how to model Zsphere hands and feet using adaptive skinning. Here is the link to the scripts… it may prove useful to some of those who are having troubles with their meshes overlapping.
Take care,
Michael

Hi :slight_smile:
The next wip modeling-update (C&C welcome)…

Mahlikus The Black: :smiley:
PusGhetty: These scripts will certainly be helpful to many z-learners, thanks :slight_smile:

-Pixolator

very nice , the hands fit a lot better now.
Original pair of feet too :slight_smile:

chanting
Mesh Shot! Mesh Shot! Mesh Shot! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Pixo
I have refound the series :slight_smile: “Horologiom”
But alas there is not explicite personnage on the Net, some similar than the 4 bending creatures :slight_smile:
You must read the album for see your model in Zspheres :slight_smile:
Have fun reading :cool:
(it’s a very clear drawing and curious french graphic comix :slight_smile:
Pilou

how i deal with folds.