ZBrushCentral

WIP beast

NICE Work !!! :wink:

hey I remember your drawing. I still have your with signature. IT’s amazing man.
Good job!

Unfurtunatly, I lost your MSN, can you let me know your MSN to an Email?
I will really appricaite for you. cheers.!l

3d55Steven,
It’s always so inspiring to see some one with your artistic talent come into the world of 3D. I didn’t see in the replies about what your future plans are with this Beasty. You’ve taken the best characteristics of the Saber Tooth and the Wargs of Lord of the Rings, plus something a little human in the face
 Anyway, well done. I gotta see this guy in action!

Man thats great stuff!

great work.
do you have a link to the High Poly Modeling Tutorial you mentioned please

Holy Canolies! That is one exquisite design!! The anatomy is just SOOO beautifully done. That’s one of the finest creatures I’ve seen modeled in Z-Brush.

Did you start out with Z-Spheres or did you do a base mesh in Maya and then bring that into Z-Brush. Either way, he’s a beauty.

5 Stars

Dickie

You are destined for 3d greatness. I bet I’ll see you in movie credits in the coming years.
Way cool stuff! Don’t let the beasty off that platform, Get a cage quik, it looks like it will tear everything and everyone to shreds 5 out of 5 ! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Absolutely incredible, and original work! Excellent job!

It’s GREAT! I love his eyes!
:wink:

I’m the ART DIRECTOR in a studio at NEW YORK.

I don’t know where you live. but, If your close let me know!!

Congrats!

Keep it up.

CAS

Very nice work. Very solid anatomy and a great dynamic pose. The mid stride just nails it : ) Its awesome to see the concept sketch as well.

I tend to agree that gray shading shows off a sculpt much better than a textured view.
Again, really nice work!

Scott

I mean to ask as well if you modeled him on pose or if this mesh is already rigged? If he is rigged already I do think you need to get an animation up here very soon : D
:+1:
This guy begs to be seen on a rampage :smiley:

That model is very awesome great detail and you said the detail isn’t displacement only bump? What sorta computers are they running at VFS. Unless you were running on yer own computer. How many divisions did you put the model through in zbrush to get the detail. When I try to detail a head I can only get to 5 divisions and then my computer craps out.

I second that!

-Abyssis, Strannik, abe-Tamazir, Drummer, Lordbinah, projectile, Moochie, Frenchy Pilou, petter dominique, hyper1, mahlikus The Black, Nlloyd, Digital Daydreams, JohnCarter, Bladka Thanks alot guys, the high poly tutorial i am talking about is the “hyper-realstic Modeling in Maya” :slight_smile:

-Ryan3d yo Ryan!!! hows work goin??? wish i can find a job asap after school finishes :slight_smile: my MSN is newt_13@hotmail.com, keep in touch!

-Dickie cheers man, i did the mash in XSI, i am a beginer in Zbrush, bump map is the only thing i know how to create in ZB, hopefully i will get good at the program in the fututre.

-Cas NYC you got pm :slight_smile:

-Scott Spencer i modeled him in a neutral pose than did a crappy rigg for it, after i posed it i fixed a little bit of the modeling mainly around the “wing” thinggy inbetween the legs.

-twindragon, aminuts hmmm
i usually subd the model up to around 1million polys and build my bump map with the mash.

thanks alot for the comments guys, really appriciate them :slight_smile:

cheers

steve

do you have a link for it? or is it a dvd?

hey abe_Tamazir;

there you go

http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/products-services/learning_tool_details.jsp?itemId=1200004

cheers

steven

fantastic work :+1:

great!! tx alot, just ordered the whole pack :wink:

I was just watching that DVD last night in bed! (Well a clinical insomniac has to find something constructive to do during the. early hours) So what did I think of it? Well as people in this thread are interested in it I’ll give you my veiws on it.

One thing think it’s important to say is that this isn’t a blow by blow ‘this is how to make a hyper realistic model’ video. This is more about concepts behind it, and to be quite frank nearly all the info in it can be found quite easily online, so bear this in mind before you buy. This is not a ‘how to’ video. It was filmed at one of the sigraph’s so if you were there (I wasn’t) then you’ve probably already seen this lecture in it’s entirity.

Any chance of a screenshot of the base mesh you used from XSI mate? Again I think you’ve done a fab job on this and look forward to your next one.

Wayne