ZBrushCentral

Why is my STL invisible?

I took a ZBrush course about a year ago and haven’t touched it since. I’ve forgotten some basic stuff. So here’s my beginner’s question:

1. I imported an stl file
  2. I selected it as my main “Tool” to modify it.
  3. But even if it is selected as my main “Tool” (and even if it appears in my active “subtool”), it doesn’t show on the working screen. It’s just like it was transparent.
    I’m tearing my hair out to understand why I don’t see my “Tool”… Can someone help me, please?

It could also be that it is too large or too small in scale. If you go to Deformation and click Unify, it should set the scale to somthing easier for ZBrush Core to work with internally. It could also be that it is not at the center of your workspace. If you click the Frame button at the right hand side of the screen there, does it now show it?
If neither of these work, hopefully someone else can come along with some other suggestions too.

It works ! Thanks !

You’re weclome! I’m glad that sorted everything for you! And welcome to ZBrush Central, it’s a brilliant goldmine of information and inspiration here, so have fun!!