ZBrushCentral

Why has the forum gone fugly?

The Zbrush forum has gone from being one of the most pleasantly designed forums with superb usability, to a monstrosity that is unnecessarily ugly.

Seems to have broken the most basic rules of web design, useless clutter that only serves to distract.

This is a major step backwards. But at least the excellent content is not affected.

It’s a personal preference I guess. I like this better. They can’t please everyone. :roll_eyes: Play with 3 for a bit that will cheer you up :+1:

Blaine, you took the words right out of my mouth (or fingertips :smiley: ). I like the new look, but there will always be someone who prefers one thing over another. Hopefully, dogbone will warm up to it.

I can assure you I’ll never warm to this. Obviously the content is no different but I can see no benefit at all. Most sites that radically change their look, also make improvements to usuability with regard to design and layout. For example see the recent makeover of http://www.timesonline.co.uk which went all lime green and grey. I didn’t like it at first but it grew on me and the layout is a vast improvement.

But I can see no difference to layout of Zbrush central just a lot of extra contrast and a cramped look that is much harder to read. It’s been a design change purely for the sake of the change. Most unlike Pixologic.

Its just like CGtalk actually… (prefered the old one:evil: :lol:

Well, I too must admit I liked the old one better. I will get used to this, but my first impression was that the makeup was not finished yet. It looks much more crowded and clotted to my eyes then the previous version. It also looks more like a standard forum now… :cry:
The main site and Zbrush3 itself on the other hand look very good to me, so many compliments there.

Well we were used to the old one, thats why suddenly this one became unpleasing.

Hell I have to edit my signature now. :smiley:

news?

He is right in a somewhat rude way :wink:

The old one had softer contrast and was easier on the eyes, this look has a crowded feel cause of the strong white text on dark background.

Yes I agree the lighter grey meant that your eye could differentiate with greater ease. The darker grey creates too strong a contrast.Whilst contrast is used normally to pick out certain key navigational clues/information in web sites - used everywhere it becomes confusing like zebra stripes.

It looks stylish on the pixologic site but not so user friendly here.

You could always define your own browser css preferences with a style sheet to get the old look back.

To be honest, with the way my eyes have been going. This is much easier for me to see

I would have preferred a pastel motiff myself.

Beige with lavender swatches would be nice.

As of August 28, 2019 this ZbrushCentral UI in my opinion is worse than the good old version!

1 Like