ZBrushCentral

What should I do to make this feather ring?

Hello
My name is Thoai and I’d love to greet all of you.
I was offered to make this ring, but after so many failed attempts, I got lost and confused, so I’d love to start over again with an actual guide. I’d love to hear your approach and opinion though, thank you <3
(I got Zbrush 2020)

Hello Thoai,

Be sure to upgrade your version of ZBrush. The current version is 2021.1.2, and is free for registered users.

There are many tutorials available with a little searching for making rings in ZBrush. The only person who will be able to tell you how to make the specific ring you are trying to make is you. You would have to ask more specific questions about a specific effect you are trying to achieve.

Without that, the best I can advise you is to study ZBrush in general to learn the feature set, and study how other artists are making their design. Here’s a video of T.S. Wittelsback working on a ring:

Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Pablo Munoz Gomez is a regular Zbrush livestreamer for Pixologic and has a free guide to making feathers in a few ways here

I’ve never made a ring so take this with a grain of salt but I’d model this ring and feather design flat and then use Gizmo Deformers to bend into a circular shape and adjust. Maybe make the ring body thicker than required and then boolean out the center so it’s perfectly circular because making the offset might put some twist in the ring.

1 Like

Thank you so much, it’s like, I absolutely had no idea of what to do so I couldn’t ask anything really specific, but, once again, thank you.

This is what I’ve been trying to do lmao, thank you as well! <3