ZBrushCentral

Wethand's character illustration sketchbook

Cool Santa! He has a perfect robustness to him! Wait!!! Is that a nipple ring on Santa? He really is getting with the times! Good job!

hey there.

this is a fast ps compose. i dont know if i should try to get him into 3ds max for hair. i like his face. 3ds max crashes EVERY time… it annoys me. and i think for an illustration it could work nice just using zbrush (like this time).
i have much time left. so i take a break on him.

c&c is appreciated.

[thumb.jpg]final1.jpg

[thumb.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘170064’,‘thumb.jpg’,1,0))

still thinking about bringing him into 3ds max.
or looks it illustrative enough? i lost my eye for him so please, if someone has crits regarding the composition and material, please let me know.

Oh boy… Wethand madness… :smiley: . Good to see you posting again! (btw I finally got my hands on that book I wanted to tell you about -containing photography of overweight people- check out Jan Saudek (Taschen) you probably know him). See ya!

So Santa has a nipple ring?! I’m you have captured exactly what he gets up to the rest of the year. It’s what I would do!

Cool work. The only thing that bugs me about this image is the anti aliasing. If you double your document size and then hit the AAHalf button it should get rid of it for you so you get a nicer render :cool:

hey there people. :slight_smile:

hey etcher, thanks for your comment. yeah, knowing anatomy is much. but i don’t have so much time left beside my work. so i try to create whole images.
anyway. i saw your studys… MUCH respect! yeah, top row… have to write you something… :slight_smile:

@ captain: many thanks :slight_smile: yeah, i gave him a 3ds max try. so here we are. antialiased and finalized.

i finished “project santa”… i see some space for improvement but christmas is near. and i wanted to print and send it to some people… so i have to hurry!!
tell me what you think.

[final2_thumb.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘172349’,‘final2_closeup2.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

final2_forum.jpg

final2_closeup2.jpg

final2_closeup.jpg

still no comments…? :frowning:
i know, it’s not the best… what could i do better?

all zbrush and rendered in 3ds max. hair is done in hair & fur.

leave a comment if you like it :slight_smile:

[final2_thumb.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘172401’,‘final2_thumb.jpg’,1,0))

lol that one crazy image…I like it…About time the old fella took his boots off :).
maybe sharpen it up abit…But other than that you did well.

Cool Santa…seems like he needs some tan :wink:

Hi, like the idea, hair on his legs looks kinda wird, i’d remove them. Overally good and funny image, keep it up :slight_smile:

Cool Santa! I like the tattoos. The depth of field really makes it look nice. I like the hair on the legs. It makes him look unkempt.

hey there. many thanks!

started working on the cat again. i think i am nearly done modeling…

hope you like it.

[progress_thumb.jpg]progress_views2.jpg

Attachments

progress_close.jpg

progress_views1.jpg

Hey there,

some quickys i did in the last weeks. don’t have much time right now…
just practice…

[thumb.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘185956’,‘2.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

hey guys,

i managed it to finish my last-year-started easter bunny. some of you may remember.
good to be in time. it is made to be printed and sent to friends on a small card.

but the cigarette still needs smoke and the face need 5-6 hairs for the long side-hair in the bunnys face (dunno how it is called)

its late so i go to sleep. if someone’s interested i can post some zbrush-pics.

hope, you like it.
[final_1_thumb.jpg]
[]final_1_closeup.jpg

Attachments

final_1_small.jpg

finally i call it completely done…
i’m happy with it and i think it will be a good print. maybe a tick too dark, but whayne…

here are some zgrabs. the bunny is completely made inside zbrush (model & textures)

hope, you like it.

ps: i should change the zbrush-material…

[final_1_thumb.jpg]zgrab2.jpg

Attachments

zgrab3.jpg

zgrab1.jpg

Do you really think I’d remember that… ( :wink: )… it went from bad to worse… ( :smiley: )… already lookin’ forward to next year’s Easter!

Hey Jan! Yeah… some of us do remember. :smiley:
This makes me wonder why many people add cigarettes to their models. Is it kind of a bad-boy standard accesory? Theres no critique intended, I just dont get it. :slight_smile:
I like the fact that you`ve modeld the environment. Have you also modeld the eggs in the background?

hey there,

@etcher: thanks man. you were the one who told me i could remake him “next year” xD but i have to give you right: who should WANT to remember THIS bunny? xD

@moni: you are right… if you say so, i begin to see cigarettes everywhere xD
its not meant to be a bad-boy-accesoirry(?). it is a nihilistic one. such a ****-on-my-life-accessoiry… or so… :stuck_out_tongue:
but there are many cigarettes in cg… you are right.

i just modelled one egg and then instanced it… not a big deal… the wall is a hollowed box painted with one alpha and polypainted. then layered in 3ds max.

hello people,

i worked some days on a new concept.

with this character i practice my efficience and speed in a character project. all i did until now were illustrations.

my plan is to finish modeling as best as i can and then texture it. after that i retopo it. than uv it and bake the normals and export the textures.
and then i can import it into the udk. my first try.
if you have any tips or suggestions, please let me know. espacially if you are experienced in game character creation.

the background is something like an surviver of the nuclear apocalypse… or short: apocalypse-boy.

[progress1_thumb.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘190276’,‘progress1_closeup.jpg’,1,0))
[]progress1_closeup.jpg

Attachments

progress1.jpg

hey guys,

long time no post.
here are some sculpts and updates, i made in my spare time.

hope, u like it

osama_thumb.jpg

Attachments

rosa.jpg

osama.jpg

practice.jpg

vorlage_wipposts2.jpg

alien.jpg