ZBrushCentral

WEREWOLF THING and more

Outstanding work! Your knowledge of anatomy is truly exceptional! Real nice power and energy to your football player. Love the way you sculpt muscles. :+1: Some questions, if I may: What was your reference for the deer and football player? How long have you been sculpting? Did you receive any formal training in art, or anatomy?

how on earth did i miss this thread? god, exceptional work.

this is absolutely fantastic work, man.
you deserve a top row post.

-r

very nice work man

Excellent sketchbook and works within it…:+1:…Great job on the sports figures…really captures the energy in the actions portrayed…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

ABOUT THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS: Man, they look like body scans. Amazing detail on the shoes, very cool. Also watched your ‘knee’ video, wow, that is some out of this world detail. Love how you use only a few simple brushes. Nice work.

Thanks everybody
Webhead - I did go to school, several infact but I learned the most working with and for great artists. There are good anatomy books out there and I never stop learning. I think I look through an anatomy book atleast once a day. I don’t have the names of the books in front of me , I’ll post them when I get a chance. basically get every scrap of refernce you can. internet is good start.
DRAGON - Thanks , I attached some progress shots so people see they are not scans. I’m going to do a movie of one hopefully from start to finish.

This is a superb job! Can’t wait to see what anatomy books you check out. Deer anatomy seems pretty difficult to visualize given the dearth of published work on it.

I for one, would love to see that! Your work is fantastic!

Ok , here are some books to check out , I think I might of mentioned these before but I’ll do it again.

Animal Painting and Anatomy - W. Frank Calderon

Atlas of Animal Anatomy for Artists - Ellenburger

Elliot Goldfinger - anatomy books , his animal book copies other peoples work but it still has some good stuff in it.

also if you want to learn Deer or other wild animal anatomy check out your local butcher during hunting season. Good to see how the real thing looks like. Just a reminder though that it is dead tissue and it looks much different. I would suggest using it as ref for muscle and ligament placement.

Thanks for the advice and the info! I thought you might mention An Atlas of Animal Anatomy for Artists by Ellenburger. I have that book. It’s good one!
I’ll have to check out the other ones you mentioned. Keep up the good work!

here are some recent portrait hit and misses they range from a few hours to a few days. They are in no particular order and some have shaded areas and no hair where helmets and hats will be booleaned out. thanks for looking.
can you guess who they are ?

PORTRAIT_PAGE_1.jpg

PORTRAIT_PAGE_2.jpg

PORTRAIT_PAGE_4.jpg

PORTRAIT_PAGE_3a.jpg

Attachments

PORTRAIT_PAGE_1.jpg

PORTRAIT_PAGE_3a.jpg

PORTRAIT_PAGE_2.jpg

PORTRAIT_PAGE_4.jpg

1 Like

Some really good likenesses! Really like the Kirk, Spock and Christopher Walken head sculpts. :+1:

One word masterful :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

thanks guys

Hot damn this is some great stuff! My favorite is the Clay Mathews sculpt (even though I’m a diehard Bears fan) :smiley: You could probably make a mint doing tutorial video series.

thanks man, I wish I had time for some tutorials just so busy. hopefully soon I’m going to try and find time for an anatomy/drapery tutorial.

To be fair, since you did a full Mathews sculpt, I think an Urlacher piece is in order. :wink: :smiley:

you will be the first to know if I get the nod to sculpt him. he definitely is deserving of being sculpted.

Amazing work on the portraits. What’s up with not bothering with the ears? More than half of them don’t have sculpted ears :stuck_out_tongue:

I am just giving you a hard time. Great work.

Do you keep the eyes a separate subtool? It sorta look some some are sculpted in.